Jan 3, 2010 Blog
I’m worried about Kevin Garnett. This is how his knee problems started last season and this is also just how the Celtics handled the secrecy of the injury last season. He missed a couple of weeks, came back and tried to play and then shut it down for good. Let’s hope that pattern doesn’t repeat this season. I don’t own Garnett in any of my leagues because of his previous injury, but I’d recommend trying to move him if you can take advantage of another owner who values the name more than the current Garnett ability.
Fantasy Basketball Articles:
- Week 11 Fantasy Planner from GiveMeTheRock.com.
- Fantasy Basketball Boxscore Breakouts from LestersLegends.com.
- Using change in rank to spot fantasy player breakouts from BleacherCreatureRotoTalk.com.
- Daily Gilbert Arenas update from HardwoodParoxysm.com.
- Book Review: The Book of Basketball by Bill Simmons. Reviewed by NoTimetoRead.com.
- Trivia: Who leads the NBA in the +/- statistic category? Answer at the end of the Player Notes section.
- Bobcats/Cavaliers preview from RufusonFire.com.
- Lakers/Mavs preview from SilverScreenandRoll.com.
- Spurs/Raptors preview from PoundingtheRock.com.
Fantasy Basketball Player News and Notes:
- Troy Murphy, Jeff Foster and Tyler Hansbrough will all miss Sunday for Indiana. Look for Josh McRoberts and Roy Hibbert to get starts. If Hibbert can stay out of foul trouble, he could have a nice game against the Knicks.
- Chauncey Billups is a gametime decision Sunday. Ty Lawson got the start for him on Saturday and put up a nice line. Even though quality PGs are thin, I’d still avoid him today. Tony Parker makes a good play against Toronto instead - and his salary is much lower than Billups’.
- Carmelo Anthony missed Saturday with a sore knee and he’s a gametime decision for Sunday.
- Steve Blake will miss about a week with pneumonia. Jerryd Bayless picked up the slack for him on Saturday, collecting 40 minutes of action. Andre Miller also go some extra run with 44 minutes.
- Tyreke Evans was able to return Saturday logging 38 minutes. Donte Greene moved back to the bench.
- LaMarcus Aldridge will likely miss Monday and return on Tuesday.
- Andris Biedrins looks terrible. He only got 21 minutes Saturday and I’d recommend keeping him benched for now.
- Vince Carter suffered an ankle injury on Saturday. Not sure of the severity, so check it for his next game.
- Put Sam Young on your watch list if you are in a keeper league. If Rudy Gay gets traded, Young could step in and produce. He got 20 minutes in garbage time on Saturday, putting up 22 points.
- Michael Redd played 43 minutes Saturday, scoring 27 points. Not sure why he is still pushing the knee for so many minutes. He has some good games, but is just too inconsistent to use in daily cash games.
- Peja Stojakovic is in a huge shooting slump right now. Avoid him.
- Matt Barnes is producing since being moved into the starting lineup. He could keep the spot for awhile and makes a good short term pickup if you need a sub.
- Tyrus Thomas got 15 minutes and Joakim Noah got 18 minutes Saturday. Taj Gibson got 33 minutes and Brad Miller got 30. Keep an eye on this situation to see how it develops.
- T.J. Ford has been kicked completely out of the rotation. Earl Watson will start while A.J. Price moves into the primary backup role.
- Luther Head continues to start for Indiana. Give him a look if you need 3′s.
- Kevin Garnett is likely to miss 10 more days with his knee problem. This is how it started last time with Garnett’s knees. Might be a good time to dump him if you can take advantage of the name recognition.
- Delonte West pulled himself from Saturday’s game. I had been plugging Delonte in as a cheap SG in daily salary cap cash games, but it looks like he is starting to have problems again. Avoid him for now.
- Trivia: Who leads the NBA in the +/- category? Anderson Varejao.