Fantasy Basketball Daily News (12/09/09)
Wow, we are already 7 weeks into the season, which is about a quarter of the way through the schedule! Not many surprise players left and most roster decisions are all about injuries, and we have a few biggies this week in Granger and Oden. Now is the time to really work the waiver wire if you want to make the playoffs.
- Fantasy Basketball Week 7 Free Agent Watchlist from GiveMeTheRock.com.
- Waiver Wire Report from HoopsWorld.com.
- Article: How Good is John Wall? [BasketballProspectus.com]
- Danny Granger is gone for at least 4 weeks with a torn right plantar fascia. Analysis of the situation from ESPN. Grab Dahntay Jones if he’s on your wire. Brandon Rush could also get a bump in value, although he hasn’t shown much when given the opportunity earlier in the season.
- Luke Ridnour suffered some type of injury to his left arm on Tuesday so keep an eye on him for the next game.
- Josh Howard returned last night and scored 20 points in 26 minutes of action. He says the ankle will probably be sore the rest of the year, but at least he is playing. He shouldn’t be on any waiver wires. [ESPN]
- J.J. Barea got a start last night and put up 14pt/6ast in 30 minutes. With Josh Howard returning and Jason Terry in the mix, it will be hard for Barea to consistently get 30 minutes a night.
- Terrence Williams, with a DNP-CD last night, seems to have fallen completely out of the rotation. He got in a little trouble for using Twitter, so maybe management is just trying to send him a message to get him focused. He’s too good to be wasting away on the bench for a 2-19 club.
- Eric Gordon looks like he is healthy again and safe to start in daily leagues. He went 35 minutes on Tuesday.
- Kenyon Martin missed on Tuesday with a dislocated finger. No word yet on his status for the next game.
- Tyreke Evans took a hard fall last night and had to be helped to the locker room. Reports are that he just got the wind knocked out of him, but check just before gametime to make sure he didn’t suffer anything else. He surprised a couple of weeks ago with a DNP due to an injury that Sacramento seemed to keep quiet.
- Rudy Fernandez is likely gone for about six weeks. He is supposed to have a procedure on his back to relieve pain.
- Kirk Hinrich could return Wednesday, but don’t bet on it. He isn’t going to help your team if he can’t shoot the ball. Keep him benched until he shows the thumb is healed.
- The Boston Herald reports that Marquis Daniels underwent surgery on Wednesday to repair a torn ligament in his thumb. He’s expected to miss 6-8 weeks. Take a flier on Tony Allen if you have a bench spot.
- Andrei Kirilenko underwent another MRI on his back and the results matched the first MRI. He’s missed three games and there is no word on when he expects to return. Back injuries are tricky, just look at Rudy Fernandez and Tayshaun. [DeseretNews.com]
- Ben Gordon is likely a gametime decision on Wednesday. [MLive.com]
- Omri Casspi missed Tuesday with back spasms.
- ClipsNation.com with a performance review of Baron Davis after the first 20 games.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.