Dec 14, 2009 Blog
At some point over the next couple of weeks, I may be moving the Fantasy Basketball Daily Blog to a new location. I’m working on a new daily fantasy game website called FantasySportsHandicapping.com, which is focused on daily fantasy cash games for football, baseball and basketball. Right now I’m running a separate site for each sport, so consolidating the sites would make things a lot easier for me. I’ll definitely keep you guys updated well before any move takes place.
- Week 8 Fantasy Primer from GiveMeTheRock.com.
- Fantasy Focus: Point Guards from HoopsWorld.com.
- Daily Fantasy Recap from HardwoodParoxysm.com.
- Quentin Richardson missed Sunday for Miami with a sore right hamstring. Yakhouba Diawara got the start. Jermaine O’Neal also returned after missing two games while attending a funeral.
- Chris Douglas-Roberts had an MRI on his injured left knee which showed only a mild strain. He will try to practice on Monday. Trenton Hassell got the start for Douglas-Roberts on Sunday. Terrence Williams still seems to be in the doghouse, but he did get 26 minutes on Sunday.
- Jose Calderon missed Sunday with a sore left hip. He is probably going to be out until the end of the week. Jarrett Jack makes a nice fill-in for Calderon.
- Trevor Ariza got ejected in the third quarter on Sunday for throwing a punch. You may want to check his gametime status just to make sure there isn’t any suspension involved.
- Hedo Turkoglu may see his value increase a bit if Jose Calderon misses much time. Toronto created some extra offense for Turkoglu on Sunday and he responded with his highest scoring game of the season.
- The New York Knicks have signed Jonathan Bender.
- Vince Carter missed practice on Sunday with a stomach virus, he should be able to go tonight, but might be a weak play.
- If you are in a keeper league and someone dropped Marreese Speights, you may need to act now if you want to grab him off the waiver wire. He might be back a couple of weeks sooner than anyone expects.
- Jameer Nelson is expected to be back at practice next week.
- Marvin Williams missed Sunday due to an upset stomach. Maurice Evans got the start and had a pretty good game going for 22 points.
- Baron Davis came off the bench on Sunday, but don’t read too much into it, he was fighting the flu.
- Daniel Gibson missed again on Sunday for Cleveland with a sprained finger. No word on when he will return.
- Kobe Bryant will be dealing with a finger injury for the next 4-6 weeks, but I don’t expect it to harm his fantasy value. He played most of last season with a separate finger injury and show no effects.
- JJ Hickson has fallen out of favor in Cleveland. He isn’t really startable in daily cash games anymore.
- Allen Iverson had fluid drained off of his knee. He’s also dealing with a stress reaction in his right fibula. [Philly.com]