Dec 18, 2009 Blog
Only three games on Thursday night, but we have a full schedule of 11 games for Friday. A lot of risky fantasy starts tonight, so make sure you check the player gametime status report before Friday’s start. I’ve included most of the risky plays below.
- Fantasy Basketball Week 9 Schedule and Planner from LestersLegends.com.
- Daily Fantasy Recap from HardwoodParoxysm.com.
- Daily Distraction Girl, Shteena, from HoopedUpOnline.com.
- 5 players who need to be traded from SportingNews.com.
- Fantasy Basketball Boxscore Breakouts from LestersLegends.com.
- QueenCityHoops.com with a good article on what’s wrong with Boris Diaw.
Fantasy Player News and Notes:
- It might be time to pickup Jerryd Bayless, especially if you are in a keeper league. I get the feeling that either Steve Blake or Andre Miller may be on their way out via trade and Portland is giving Bayless a test run just to make sure they can live with him.
- Allen Iverson is out Friday. An MRI showed arthritis in his left knee. Jrue Holiday should get another start and Willie Green might get the start at SG. It really doesn’t matter who gets the start since they draw the number one defense in the league, on the road, at Boston. Keep all your 76er’s on the bench.
- Larry Hughes missed Thursday and is likely out Friday with a strained left groin. Wilson Chandler probably gets some extra run and Toney Douglas might as well. New York could really use Nate Robinson right now, but D’Antoni just won’t give in.
- Jason Richardson missed Thursday with sprained hand. Goran Dragic moved into the starting lineup.
- Carlos Arroyo got the start at PG for Miami on Thursday keeping Marion Chalmers on the bench. Arroyo posted 5pt/4reb/7ast in 26 minutes, while Chalmers posted 7pt/4reb/6ast in 22 minutes. Neither player is attractive right now.
- Jameer Nelson may return next week. Check your wire to see if he was dropped and forgotten about.
- Tyrus Thomas has returned to non-contact practice.
- Chauncey Billups may miss Friday with a groin strain. Anthony Johnson will likely get the start but Ty Lawson will probably get some run too. J.R. Smith should also see an uptick in value.
- Rudy Gay is a risky start on Friday after injuring his right ankle on Wednesday. If he can’t go, Sam Young might get the start.
- Marreese Speights bumped knees with someone in his last game and might be a little sore, so be careful starting him. Philly should be extremely careful with him since he is just coming back from injury. I wouldn’t be surprised if he got less than 15 minutes on Friday.
- Ryan Gomes is likely out Friday. Damien Wilkins may get the start.
- Quentin Richardson was able to return Thursday from a hamstring injury. He managed 21 minutes.