Jan 31, 2010 Blog
Nine games on the fantasy schedule today. Denver @ San Antonio tips off at 1:00 pm EST, so set your rosters early. I’ll update and add the late game previews this afternoon, so check back. The best game of the day should be the Lakers-Celtics matchup at 3:30 pm EST.
Fantasy Basketball Daily Articles:
- Fantasy Notes from FourPointPlay.com.
- Fantasy Basketball Boxscore Breakouts from LestersLegends.com.
- D-League Report from RidiculousUpside.com.
- Fantasy Notes from GiveMeTheRock.com.
- Week 15 Planner from Sergio Gonzalez, CBSSports.com.
- Court Report Waiver Wire Advice from Matt Buser, Yahoo.com.
Today’s NBA Game Previews and Matchups:
- Today’s NBA Lines
- Injury Reports from ESPN.com and CBSSports.com.
- NBA Game Matchups from VegasInsider.com and Covers.com.
- Nuggest/Spurs previews from DenverStiffs.com and PoundingTheRock.com.
- Celtics/Lakers preview from CelticsHub.com.
- Clippers/Cavaliers preview from ClipsNation.com.
- Raptors/Pacers preview from RaptorsHQ.com and RaptorsRepublic.com.
- Warriors/Thunder previews from WelcomeToLoudCity.com and DailyThunder.com.
- Pistons/Magic preview from PistonsPowered.com.
- Suns/Rockets preview from BrightSideOfTheSun.com.
Fantasy Basketball Player News and Notes:
- Michael Beasley missed Saturday with a knee injury. He might be back on Monday. Joel Anthony again got a start, but only got 14 minutes. Udonis Haslem got 31 minutes, but had a terrible game going 1-8 shooting.
- Mario Chalmers also missed the Milwaukee game with a left thumb injury.
- It might be a good idea to avoid Chris Kaman today, he’s still dealing with a sore ankle.
- Tyreke Evans aggravated his bruised left hip against the Bobcats. This injury wasn’t suffered against the Bobcats, but rather happened in a the previous game. I never saw it reported prior to Saturday’s game. The Kings are very secretive with injuries and Evans has been a surprise DNP a couple of times this season, so check his next gametime status and probably go with a safer option anyway.
- Al Harrington missed Saturday with a sore knee and is likely out Sunday as well.
- Mike Miller had his first good game in awhile. I don’t know if he can keep it going, but this my be your only opportunity to grab him off the waiver wire
- Delonte West is out Sunday. Daniel Gibson will get another start.
- Steve Nash is dealing with an abdominal strain. Might be a safe play to bench him Sunday if you have better options.
- Vince Carter is having problems with his shoulder and should be benched until he heals up. J.J. Redick is playing better right now and makes a good fill in if you need points and threes.
- Chris Paul missed Saturday, Darren Collison got the start.
- Kyle Lowery will miss 1-2 weeks with a knee injury. Houston called up Will Conroy from the D-League. Keep an eye on Conroy, he’s the D-League’s all-time leader in assists and scoring. Chase Budinger might also see some extra minutes.
- Jerry Sloan says Paul Millsap could get more minutes after Carlos Boozer returns.
- Dwyane Wade is really having problems with his back. I’ve also noticed that he’s been dealing with foul problems a lot more than usual lately. I could see him getting a few days off soon to get this healed up, especially sometime close to the all-star break. Be careful starting him in daily cash games, he’s just not worth the high salary with this injury.
- I’ve seen some chatter that Austin Daye might get more playing time soon. Put him on your radar.
- Carmelo Anthony says he’s going to try to play Sunday. Keep him benched until he proves to be healthy. Update 12:53: Melo is out today.
- It doesn’t seem like Antawn Jamison’s shoulder injury is limiting him. He put up 21pts/23rebs against the Knicks. Keep an eye on him.
- Darren Collison did a great job filling in for Chris Paul. He makes a nice play in daily cash games if Paul misses anymore time.