Jan 6, 2010 Blog
Dwight Howard is killing me in my daily fantasy cash games at FantasySportsLive.com. There is nothing worse than spending a big chunk of your salary budget on a good center, only to see him on the bench after the first three minutes of the game with 2 fouls. I figured it would be his opponent, Roy Hibbert, on the bench half way through the first quarter. It didn’t get much better from there since Howard fouled out early in what should have been a great matchup against a weak Indiana team without Foster, Hansbrough and Murphy. And the ironic thing is that Mr. Foul himself, Roy Hibbert, managed to play 35 minutes with only 4 fouls and had a career night. It’ll be awhile before Superman is on my daily fantasy roster again.
Fantasy Basketball Daily Articles:
- Gilbert Arenas suspended indefinitely. Details from ESPN.com.
- Daily Fantasy Recap from GiveMeTheRock.com.
- Brandon Jennings trying to look a little taller from Ball Don’t Lie.
- Daily Fantasy Diagnosis from Dime Magazine.
- Fantasy Basketball Boxscore Breakouts from LestersLegends.com.
- Daily Fantasy Notes from DamnLiesandStatistics.com.
- The Nation’s Top 25 NCAA Freshmen from Basketball Prospectus.
- A really good article on being an NBA fan from HardwoodParoxysm.com.
- Daily Distraction Girl, Brianna Francisco, from HoopedUpOnline.com.
- Suns Dancers Calendar Shoot from Dime Magazine.
- Clipper/Lakers preview from ClipsNation.com.
- Celtics/Heat preview from PeninsulaIsMightier.com and CelticsHub.com.
- Pistons/Spurs preview from PoundingtheRock.com.
- Raptors/Magic preview from RaptorsHQ.com.
- Suns/Rockets preview from BrightSideofTheSun.com.
Fantasy Basketball Player News and Notes:
- Ron Artest returned Tuesday and played 33 minutes.
- Paul Gasol was out Tuesday, but Lamar Odom filled in nicely almost recording a triple double.
- Ty Lawson suffered a sprained left ankle last night and Nene also suffered an aggravation of a previous ankle sprain. No word yet on the availability of each for the next game.
- Carmelo Anthony, Chauncey Billups and Chris Anderson all missed Tuesday for Denver.
- Erick Dampier missed Tuesday with a left knee injury. Drew Gooden got the start and managed to grab 18 rebounds in 33 minutes.
- Allen Iverson will be with Philadelphia for the rest of the season since his contract was guaranteed yesterday. He’s on that downward slope though, 5 points/4assists and 7 turnover last night.
- Brendan Haywood missed Tuesday for Washington. Andray Blatche got the start. Blatche was horrible on defense allowoing Samuel Dalembert to put up 20 points and 20 rebounds.
- Thaddeus Young is really slumping lately and his minutes have been cut to around 20-25 over the last 5 games. No word of any injury, but avoid him for awhile until his breaks out of it.
- Blake Griffin is scheduled to return January 20. I hope they let him fully heal, it would be a shame to pull an Oden by rushing him back.
- New Jersey bought out Rafer Alston. Miami is rumored to have an interest in bringing him in to play PG after he clears waivers.
- Chris Quinn was traded to New Jersey for a second round draft pick. Seems like the Alston/Quinn combination of transactions was some creative moves to make the trade fit.
- Deron Williams is a gametime decision Wednesday. Utah signed Sundiata Gaines, so maybe that’s a clue that Williams probably won’t play. Ronnie Price will likely get the start if Williams can’t go. Bet they wish they had Eric Maynor back.
- Jose Calderon should return Wednesday, but won’t start.
- Paul Pierce says he’ll play Weddnesdy, Rajon Rondo is less certain and is listed as questionable.
- Kendrick Perkins is likely out Wednesday with the flu. Eddie House will also be out with the flu.
- Jermaine O’Neal is questionable Wednesday with a hip injury.
- Start grabbing any speculative picks on the Wizards, especially Randy Foye and Andray Blatche. I see a complete demolition of the team coming soon. Also, keep an eye on guys who might get traded to the Wizards.