Feb 5, 2010 Blog
Mike Dunleavy was removed as coach of the Los Angeles Clippers Thursday, but there doesn’t appear to be much fantasy fallout from the move. The biggest thing that might happen is a trade of Marcus Camby. Watch the rotation for a few days to see if there are any major changes.
Fantasy Basketball Daily Articles:
- Court Report from Matt Buser, Yahoo.com.
- Daily Fantasy Notes from DamnLiesandStatistics.com.
- Fantasy Notes from Adam Madison, ESPN.com.
- Daily Fantasy Notes from GiveMeTheRock.com.
- Fantasy Roundtable: Trade Advice from PointsInThePaint.com.
- Daily Fantasy Diagnosis from Dime Magazine.
- Buy Low / Sell High Report from Dime Magazine.
- Five D-Leaguers who could get a callup from EmptyTheBench.com.
- Daily Distraction Girl, Lais De Leon, from HoopedUpOnline.com.
- NBA Rebounding Margin Rankings from NewsOK.com.
- 2010 NBA Draft – Top Centers from SlamOnline.com.
Today’s NBA Game Previews and Matchups:
- Today’s NBA Lines
- NBA Game Matchups from VegasInsider.com and Covers.com.
- Injury reports from ESPN.com and CBSSports.com.
- Bucks/Knicks preview from BrewHoop.com and Bucksketball.com.
- Suns/Kings preview from BrightSideofTheSun.com.
- Nets/Celtics preview from CelticsHub.com.
- Nuggets/Lakers preview from DenverStiffs.com.
Fantasy Basketball Player News and Notes:
- Earl Watson is out Friday and Saturday to attend a funeral. A.J. Price will be the starting PG, he makes a great cheap fill in for daily salary cap cash games.
- Marcus Thornton is out with a back injury.
- Allen Iverson is out again to attend to one of his children. Willie Green should get the start.
- Carmelo Anthony is out for Denver.
- Chris Paul had his surgery on Thursday and will be out 4-6 weeks.
- Kobe Bryant sat out practice with a sore left ankle. Avoid him in daily cash games, he could get a surprise DNP at any time.
- Paul Pierce hopes to return Sunday against Orlando.
- Daniel Gibson missed the first half of the Heat game to be with his fiancee, Keyshia Cole, who was hospitalized.
- Caron Butler should play tonight, but check it gametime just to make sure.
- Carlos Boozer practiced and is likely to play Saturday.
- Dirk Nowitzki practiced and said his thumb is fine, he shouldn’t miss any time with it.
- Jameer Nelson and Mickael Pietrus both practiced and expect to play against the Wizards.
- Joakim Noah is being shut down until after the All-Star break due to his plantar fasciitis. He will miss four games. Brad Miller should see an increase in minutes. Tyrus Thomas and Taj Gibson might also be helped, but they are dealing with injuries of their own.
- Brandon Roy hopes to return Saturday.
- Brad Miller will start Friday in place of Joakim Noah, who has been shut down.
- Charlie Villanueva is dealing with a back problem. Keep him benched.
- Gerald Wallace is dealing with a hamstring problem, but says he’ll play Saturday.
- Jerryd Bayless suffered a injured knee against the Spurs. He was about to be headed back to the bench anyway with Brandon Roy likely coming back soon. If you are in a keeper league and out of the race, grab Bayless as a speculative play for next season.
- Tony Parker returned against the Blazers and logged 30 minutes. It looks like the rest did him good, he had a nice game.
- Surprisingly, George Hill still got his minutes and stats, even with the return of Parker. If you picked Hill up as a fill in for Parker, you might want to think about holding him for awhile.
- Udonis Haslem’s back problems limited him to 18 minutes againt the Cavs. Joel Anthony may see some extra minutes if Haslem gets shut down for any games. He’s a great source of blocks.
- Roger Mason was the real loser due to the return of Parker, he got a DNP-CD.
- Nate Robinson will get the start at PG for the Knicks tonight in place of Chris Duhon.
- Chauncey Billups is still dealing with a bad ankle. Be careful starting him.
- Marquis Daniels could return Sunday for Boston.
- Omri Casspi is sick and might not play Friday.