Dec 31, 2009 Blog
Please note that I’m moving the news to later in the afternoon from here on out. Expect posts to be between 4:00 and 6:00 EST. I’ve moved from trading currency markets in 2009 (which are very early morning hours) to trading the S&P 500 Futures, which is primarily from 9:30 – 4:00 EST. It just fits my schedule better to post basketball after the market closes. It also allows me to focus more on the sit/starts for that night’s games since the news post will be closer to gametime.
Fantasy Basketball Articles:
- Daily Fantasy Recap from DamnLiesandStatistics.com.
- Daily Fantasy Review from GiveMeTheRock.com.
- Fantasy Basketball Boxscore Breakouts from LestersLegends.com.
- Up and Down fantasy players from SportsGrumblings.com.
- Daily Fantasy Diagnosis from Dime Magazine.
Fantasy Basketball Player News and Notes:
- LaMarcus Aldridge suffered a sprained left ankle Wednesday. No word yet on the severity or how long he’ll be out.
- Chauncey Billups may not be back Saturday as expected. Keep him benched.
- Hedo Turkoglu left during the first half of Wednesday’s game with an injured knee and didn’t return. It seemed to be an aggravation of an injury he sustained Tuesday in practice.
- Jose Calderon may be able to start practicing next week.
- Carlos Arroyo looks to be winning the PG timeshare in Miami. Arroyo got 26 minutes last night, Mario Chalmers got 18.
- Vince Carter took a hard hit to his head last night but was able to over come the injury. I don’t think it will be anything that lingers, but check his next start just to be safe.
- Jameer Nelson says he’s dealing with some ‘family issues’. Might be the reason for his poor play. He also still has swelling in his knee. Jason Williams is outplaying him right now, so Nelson better get it together before he starts losing minutes.
- Jodie Meeks got 19 minutes Wednesday, Carlos Delfino only got 8.
- Tony Allen and Rasheed Wallace got starts with Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett sidelined with injuries. Eddie House and Shelden Williams also saw extra minutes.
- Wesley Matthews is losing fantasy value quickly. C.J. Miles got 27 minutes Wednesday, while Matthews played just 7 minutes.
- Jonny Flynn and Ramon Sessions seem to be falling into a equal timeshare over the last three games.
- Rudy Gay was back on the court Wednesday after missing a game with an ankle problem. He looked good putting up 31 points. Maybe the one game absence was enough to allow the ankle to finally heal.
- Tyson Chandler expects to miss at least another week with a stress reaction in his left foot. Given Chandler’s past recovery times, I’m guessing it’s probably going to be close to three weeks.
- Stephen Jackson and Larry Brown may not be getting along to well. Keep an eye on this.
- Chase Budinger will miss at least 2 more games.
- Josh Howard is dealing with a hamstring injury, so check his gametime status and maybe bench him if you have a better option.
- Troy Murphy is going to miss about a week with his latest ankle injury.
- Kevin Garnett will be out Saturday with knee soreness.
- Tyreke Evans will likely miss the next two games for Sacramento.
- Marcus Camby returned after missing couple of games and was able to go 31 minutes.
- Michael Beasley is finding himself on the bench during the fourth quarter lately.
- Chris Douglas-Roberts returned Wednesday after missing three games with an ankle injury. He was able to go 37 minutes.
- Luther Head got a start last night and put up 30 points. He’s been getting starters minutes and might be a good risk if your fantasy team needs some 3′s.