Fantasy Basketball Daily News 10/27/09
It’s finally here. Four games on tap tonight with two of them a TNT Double Header. At 7:30 EST it’s Cleveland at Boston and 10:00 pm EST it’s LA Clippers at LA Lakers. Best thing about the season getting underway: maybe now the ‘preview everything’ posts will stop clogging up my FeedDemon. Let the fantasy season begin.
- DallasBasketball.com looks at the Mav guards.
- OregonLive.com reports that Nicolas Batum will miss most of the season with a torn labrum. Run to the wire to pick up Martell Webster if you need 3′s.
- BasketballProspectus.com gives their final preseason team projections.
- ESPN reports that Glen Davis will miss ‘significant’ time with a right thumb injury. I’ve seen 6-8 weeks, but that is just rumor. Davis’ absence should provide some extra value to Wallace and Perkins.
- Matt Buser of BuserSports.com takes you around the fantasy basketball world in Roto Arcade.
- DallasNews.com says that Shawn Marion’s calf feels fine and he is ready to go for today’s opener. Josh Howard will remain out of the lineup for an unknown amount of games. Jason Terry and Quentin Ross should pick up extra minutes.
- Dime Magazine’s Week 1 Fantasy Primer.
- ESPN reports that Blake Griffin has a broken left knee cap. Well, that clears up the Camby, Kaman, Griffin minutes problem. Bill Simmons blames the Indians. Clippers need to go ’Major League’ and sacrifice a live chicken to the basketball gods to get rid of that cursed luck.
- Pau Gasol likely won’t play tonight, so it might be best to go with another fantasy option just to be safe. Lamar Odom and Andrew Bynum should both have big nights with Blake Griffin out and Marcus Camby hurting.
- Corey Maggette might be a decent fantasy start with Anthony Randolph nursing some injuries.
- Greg Oden might have a nice line vs. Houston (if he can stay healthy on the way to the arena). Scola isn’t quite healthy and Anderson isn’t much of a physical player.
- Orlando Sentinel reports that Ryan Anderson will get the start at PF for Orlando in their opener.
- Chicago Sun Times reports that Derrick Rose says he will play in the opener.
- Ray Allen had some stitches a couple of days ago but looks to be a go for the Celtics. Boston should put Rondo, Allen, Pierce, Garnett and Perkins on the floor.
- Anthony Parker could get the start at SG for Cleveland. Best guess is Williams, Parker, James, Varejao and Shaq for Cleveland.
- Andray Blatche makes a nice injury fill-in if you need a starting Center. Blatche is a PF but Yahoo games give him C eligibility.
- Still no word as to who gets the SF start for LAC between Rasual Butler and Al Thornton. I’m guessing they split minutes pretty evenly, although the injury to Griffin could change that.
- Ron Artest should produce a good line tonight as he will probably get 38-40 minutes with Gasol out.
- Steve Blake should be the starter for Portland’s opener and it will be interesting to see how the minutes are split with Andre Miller.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.