Oct 29, 2009 News
Only two games on the schedule tonight, but both are on TV in the TNT Doubleheader. San Antonio is at Chicago at 8:00 EST while Denver travels to Portland for the 10:30 EST nightcap. I dropped Anderson Varejao and picked up Marreese Speights in the GiveMeTheRock.com keeper league. I’m gambling on Speights for next year, and I already have Brand, Z. Randolph and J. O’Neal at center so Varejao wasn’t an important piece of the team. On to the fantasy news:
- I love BallDontLie.com’s daily review and you guys should mark it as one of your favorites for daily reading. [Ball Don't Lie]
- Lesters Legends with a rundown of last night’s surprise performers. [LestersLegends.com]
- Dime Magazine’s daily fantasy report. [Dime Magazine]
- Derrick Rose is expected to play in the opener vs. San Antonio. Tony Parker took a pretty hard fall in last night’s game, but is also expected to play in this one. [CBS Sports]
- Referee assignments for today. [NBA.com]
- Rip Hamilton injured his ankle Wednesday. Haven’t seen an update yet on the severity. [MotownStringMusic.com]
- Raymond Felton received 15 stitches in his mouth after a fall last night in Boston.
- Daily Fantasy Recap from Four Point Play.
- Matt Buser’s Yahoo Roto Arcade fantasy report.
- Jarvis Hayes injured a hamstring in Wednesday’s game which give Terrence Williams or Chris Douglas-Roberts enough time to steal the starting SF spot permanently.
- It might take Amare Stoudemire awhile to get back in basketball shape, so be patient with him. If you can work a buy low trade for him, then do it. Good article from BrightSideoftheSun.com on Stoudemire’s recovery. J. A. Adande also has a good article on Amare and his road back to being an elite player. [ESPN TrueHoop]
Tags: fantasy basketball