Feb 6, 2012 Blog
Monday’s NBA Schedule, Probable Starting Lineups, Injury Reports and Daily Joust Tournament Picks
LA Lakers @ Philadelphia (-4) 178 Total
LAL: D. Fisher, K. Bryant, M. Peace, P. Gasol, A. Bynum
PHI: J. Holiday, J. Meeks, A. Iguodala, L. Allen, S. Hawes
- Nikola Vucevic is still limited after returning from an injury.
- Spencer Hawes returned Saturday and played 32 minutes. I haven’t seen any setbacks, so he should be good to plug back into your lineup, although the matchup against Pau Gasol and Andrew Bynum isn’t a great one.
- The Lakers defense is 3rd in the league in opponents eFG%.
- Andre Iguodala may draw the assignment to cover Kobe Bryant, which never helps a players energy level and offensive production.
- Keeper league owners should give Lavoy Allen a look, at least keep him on your waiver wire watchlist.
- Elton Brand is out with a thumb injury. Lavoy Allen will get the start. What a slap in the face to Thaddeus Young. It will be interesting to see how many minutes Young gets tonight.
- Daily Joust Fantasy Tournament Sleeper Pick: Lavoy Allen 61k
Toronto @ Washington (-4) 186 Total
TOR: J. Calderon, J. Bayless, D. DeRozan, E. Davis, A. Johnson
WAS: J. Wall, N. Young, R. Lewis, T. Booker, J. McGee
- Jerryd Bayless moved back into the starting lineup and could stay there for awhile.
- Ed Davis has been improving his game and has posted a couple of double-doubles in his last four games. He deserves a look in daily games.
- Trevor Booker finally started in his last game and should be in line for another start Monday for the injured Andray Blatche.
- John Wall has a great matchup against the horrible defense of Jose Calderon and could post a big line tonight.
- DeMar DeRozan finally had a good game Sunday posting 25 points on 16 shots. Maybe that will snap him out of his slump.
- Daily Joust Fantasy Tournament Sleeper Pick: Jerryd Bayless 69k
LA Clippers (-1) @ Orlando 190 Total
LAC: C. Paul, C. Billups, C. Butler, B. Griffin, D. Jordan
ORL: C. Duhon, J. Richardson, H. Turkoglu, R. Anderson, D. Howard
- Glen Davis will return after serving a two game suspension. He’s probably still in the doghouse and I could see him easily getting less than 15 minutes. Davis’ loss is Ryan Anderson’s gain.
- The Clippers are ranked number three in number of three pointers made per game. Look for LA especially Chauncey Billups, to put up a larger than average number tonight with Dwight Howard protecting the paint.
- Kenyon Martin has joined the Clippers and will be on the bench tonight, but probably won’t play. Check your waiver wire to see if he’s still out there.
- Jameer Nelson is questionable with a concussion. Expect his minutes to be limited even if he does play. Chris Duhon would get the start if Nelson can’t play.
- Daily Joust Fantasy Tournament Value Picks: Chauncey Billups 95k, Hedo Turkoglu 101k
Chicago (-9) @ New Jersey 188.5 Total
CHI: D. Rose, R. Brewer, L. Deng, C. Boozer, J. Noah
NJN: D. Williams, J. Farmar, S. Williams, K. Humphries, S. Williams
- Anthony Morrow is out due to a death in his family. Jordan Farmar will likely get the start at shooting guard and makes a great daily play. Keep an eye on Keith Bogans also.
- Luol Deng played 41 minutes Saturday and looks like he’s ready to start producing for fantasy owners again.
- Derrick Rose experienced some back tightness Saturday, but it didn’t seem to affect his play too much. Just something to check before gametime. If Rose misses the game, CJ Watson becomes a must start.
- Rip Hamilton is out. Ronnie Brewer should get the start at SG. Kyle Korver could also see some decent minutes as a backup.
- MarShon Brooks will be out until at least Sunday.
- Daily Joust Fantasy Tournament Sleeper Pick: Jordan Farmar 92k
Utah @ New York (-3) 195.5 Total
UTA: (D. Harris/E. Watson), R. Bell, G. Hayward, P. Millsap, A. Jefferson
NYK: J. Lin, L. Fields, C. Anthony, J. Jeffries, T. Chandler
- Raja Bell has returned and should send CJ Miles back to the bench. Neither guy is worth using in fantasy leagues.
- Devin Harris and Earl Watson have both returned from injury, which will bury Jamaal Tinsley on the depth chart.
- Josh Howard also suffers from the return of Raja Bell. Gordon Hayward will likely continue to start at SF, sending Howard back to a reserve role.
- Amare Stoudemire is out Monday to attend his brother’s funeral. Jared Jeffries will likely get the start.
- Jeremy Lin will get the start at PG for the Knicks Monday and is worth a start in daily leagues. You have to feel a little sorry for Lin though, he’s set up to fail here as there’s no way he’ll be able to live up to the huge hype I’ve seen today. I’m guessing that Iman Shumpert is the guy who will lose minutes here.
- Look for Carmelo Anthony to have a big game against the defense of Gordon Hayward, especially with Amare Stoudemire out.
- Daily Joust Fantasy Tournament Sleeper Pick: Jeremy Lin 64k
Phoenix @ Atlanta (-7.5) 190 Total
PHO: S. Nash, J. Dudley, G. Hill, C. Frye, M. Gortat
ATL: J. Teague, J. Johnson, M. Williams, J. Smith, Z. Pachulia
- Jared Dudley missed Saturday’s game with a thigh bruise, but he will start Monday. Michael Redd moves back to the bench.
- Jason Collins is out for the next two weeks, which should mean extra minutes for Josh Smith, Zaza Pachulia and Ivan Johnson.
- Steve Nash is having some problems with his shoulder. He’s probable, but be safe and check his gametime status if you decide to roll with him tonight.
- Daily Joust Fantasy Tournament Sleeper Pick: Ivan Johnson 64k
San Antonio (-1) @ Memphis 185 Total
SAS: T. Parker, K. Leonard, R. Jefferson, T. Duncan, D. Blair
MEM: M. Conley, (OJ Mayo/S. Young), R. Gay, M. Speights, M. Gasol
- Tony Allen was held out of Sunday’s game with a sore hip and his listed as questionable for Monday. Sam Young got the start. OJ Mayo should see extra minutes if Allen is out.
- Check Tim Duncan’s gametime status, he’s due for a random game off for some rest. If you see Duncan out, grab Tiago Splitter tonight.
- Manu Ginobili will return during the Spurs’ upcoming 9 game roadtrip. It might be time to trade Kawhi Leonard to an unsuspecting owner in your league.
- Daily Joust Fantasy Tournament Sleeper Pick: OJ Mayo 95k
Sacramento @ New Orleans (-2) 182 Total
SAC: T. Evans, M. Thornton, J. Salmons, J. Thompson, D. Cousins
NOR: G. Vazquez, M. Belinelli, T. Ariza, G. Ayon, E. Okafor
- Chuck Hayes aggravated his shoulder again and it looks like this is going to be something that plagues him all year. Avoid him. Jason Thompson should continue to get good minutes.
- Jimmer Fredette has received two DNPs in a row. Seems like the Kings like Isaiah Thomas better.
- Carl Landry left Saturday’s game with a knee injury and will be out 2-4 weeks with an MCL sprain.
- Jason Smith is a gametime decision with a concussion injury. Probably best to play it safe and avoid him.
- With Jason Smith and Carl Landry out, the Hornets are going to need either Gustavo Ayon or Chris Kaman to step up with some big minutes. Check it gametime to see who gets the start and give them a play if you need a PF option.
- Jarrett Jack is listed as questionable. Greivis Vazquez would get the start at PG if Jack can’t play.
- Daily Joust Fantasy Tournament Sleeper Pick: Gustavo Ayon 64k
Houston @ Denver (-6.5) 208 Total
HOU: K. Lowry, K. Martin, C. Parsons, L. Scola, S. Dalembert
DEN: T. Lawson, J. Stone, D. Gallinari, K. Faried, A. Harrington
- Timofey Mozgov is out Monday. Kosta Koufos got the start Saturday and had a pretty decent game Saturday going for 16pt/12reb, but it looks like Kenneth Faried will get the start tonight. Not sure how the ultimate distribution of minutes will break down with these two, which really makes them both hard to play.
- Danilo Gallinari doesn’t seem to be affected by his recent eye injury. He logged 36 minutes and looked good. Keep using him in daily games.
- Kevin Martin hit just one shot Saturday and you have to wonder how much the plantar fasciitis that recently caused him to miss a game is affecting him.
- Luis Scola will play tonight after suffering a pretty hard hit from Kevin Love in his last game.
- Nene is out Monday with a heel injury. More minutes for Al Harrington.
- Arron Afflalo is out Monday. Look for Julyan Stone to get the start at SG, but Andre Miller will probably see the bulk of the minutes.
- Corey Brewer is out Monday with a death in his family.
- Daily Joust Fantasy Tournament Value Pick: Al Harrington 110k
Oklahoma City (-1) @ Portland 196 Total
OKC: R. Westbrook, (D. Cook/J. Harden), K. Durant, S. Ibaka, K. Perkins
POR: (R. Felton/J. Crawford), W. Matthews, G. Wallace, L. Aldridge, M. Camby
- Raymond Felton is questionable with a left foot sprain. Jamal Crawford would likely get the start if Felton can’t go.
- Nic Batum returned Saturday and had a huge game putting up 33 points. He’s safe to use going forward.
- Thabo Sefolosha is questionable Monday. Daequan Cook would likely get the start, with James Harden seeing extra minutes as well.
- Daily Joust Fantasy Tournament Sleeper Pick: Jamal Crawford 92k