Feb 3, 2012 Blog
Cleveland @ Orlando (-7.5) 187.5 Total
CLE: K. Irving, A. Parker, O. Casspi, A. Jamison, A. Varejao
ORL: C. Duhon, J. Richardson, H. Turkoglu, R. Anderson, D. Howard
- Jason Richardson missed practice Thursday and is a gametime decision. JJ Redick could possibly pick up another start if Richardson can’t play.
- Jameer Nelson is doubtful with a concussion. Chris Duhon will continue to start.
- Tristan Thompson is out with a sore knee.
- Daniel Gibson is out as he recovers from an infection.
- Dwight Howard should be worth his high salary against Anderson Varejao.
- Ryan Anderson could post a big line against the soft defense of Antawn Jamison.
- Kyrie Irving loves to take it to the rim, but that probably won’t work so well tonight against Dwight Howard. Be careful using Irving.
- Daily Fantasy Cash Game Value Pick: Ryan Anderson $6800
Miami (-2) @ Philadelphia 192.5 Total
MIA: M. Chalmers, D. Wade, L. James, C. Bosh, J. Anthony
PHI: J. Holiday, J. Meeks, A. Iguodala, E. Brand, T. Battie
- Spencer Hawes says his achilles still doesn’t feel right. He’s out again Friday.
- Andre Iguodala might have a below average fantasy line against LeBron James. It takes a lot of energy to cover LeBron, which takes away from Iguodala’s offensive production.
- Daily Fantasy Cash Game Value Pick: Jrue Holiday $6800
Washington @ Toronto (-4) 184.5 Total
WAS: J. Wall, N. Young. R. Lewis, T. Booker, J. McGee
TOR: J. Calderon, D. DeRozan, L. Kleiza, E. Davis, A. Johnson
- Linas Kleiza is probable after missing Wednesday’s game with a sore knee.
- Jerryd Bayless moved back to the bench in his last game.
- Andrea Bargnani is out.
- Leandro Barbosa is a gametime decision Friday with the flu.
- JaVale McGee is due for a breakout game and it could come against the weak interior of the Raptors.
- Daily Fantasy Cash Game Sleeper Pick: Trevor Booker $5100
Milwaukee (4.5) @ Detroit 182.5 Total
MIL: B. Jennings, S. Livingston, C. Delfino, LRMAM, D. Gooden
DET: B. Knight, R. Stuckey, T. Prince, G. Monroe, J. Maxiell
- Stephen Jackson is still coming off the benchwith Shaun Livingston starting at SG.
- Mike Dunleavy makes a good 6th man type play for the Bucks.
- Be careful playing Brandon Knight, he’s really struggling right now and could be running short on energy.
- Jason Maxiell got the start for Ben Wallace last game. Check it gametime to see if the Pistons stick with Maxiell.
- Rodney Stuckey is dealing with a sprained ankle, but he’ll play Friday.
- Ben Gordon is out Friday.
- Will Bynum is a gametime decision.
- Greg Monroe has a pretty decent matchup with Andrew Bogut out.
- Daily Fantasy Cash Game Sleeper Play: Drew Gooden $6000
Minnesota (4.5) @ New Jersey 198 Total
MIN: R. Rubio, L. Ridnour, D. Williams, K. Love, N. Pekovic
NJN: D. Williams, J. Farmar, S. Williams, K. Humphries,
- Darko Milicic is a gametime decision after missing practice with a sore knee. Nikola Pekovic could take his starting job soon and deserves a look if he’s still on your wire.
- MarShon Brooks is out.
- Anthony Morrow is probable with an ankle injury.
- Mehmet Okur is out with a back injury.
- DeShawn Stevenson is out for the next 1-2 weeks.
- Johan Petro is probable after recovering from a stomach illness.
- Jordan Farmar could be a sneaky daily play if Anthony Morrow can’t play.
- Daily Fantasy Cash Game Sleeper Play: Nikola Pekovic $4600
New York @ Boston (-6.5) 184 Total
NYK: I Shumpert, L. Fields, C. Anthony, A. Stoudemire, T. Chandler
BOS: A. Bradley, R. Allen, P. Pierce, K. Garnett, J. O’Neal
- Toney Douglas returned to the bench Thursday and appears to have fallen completely off the fantasy radar, only getting 15 minutes Thursday.
- Iman Shumpert started at PG Thursday and looks to stay there until Baron Davis returns.
- Landry Fields is breaking out of his slump and makes a great daily play with a reasonable salary.
- Rajon Rondo is again a gametime decision, but he did make it through shootaround this morning. Avery Bradley will continue to start if Rondo can’t go.
- Daily Fantasy Cash Game Value Play: Paul Pierce $7500
Phoenix @ Houston (-6.5) 201 Total
PHO: S. Nash, J. Dudley, G. Hill, C. Frye, M. Gortat
HOU: K. Lowry, K. Martin, C. Parsons, L. Scola, S. Dalembert
- Grant Hill is a gametime decision with a sore knee that caused him to miss the second half of his last game. Play it safe and avoid him.
- Jared Dudley could see a little extra run with Grant Hill hurting and makes a nice daily value play.
- Steve Nash is over his thigh injury and makes a safe play.
- Daily Fantasy Cash Game Value Play: Steve Nash $7000
Memphis @ Oklahoma City (-8.5) 193 Total
MEM: M. Conley, T. Allen/OJ Mayo, R. Gay, M. Speights, M. Gasol
OKC: R. Westbrook, D. Cook, K. Durant, S. Ibaka, K. Perkins
- Dante Cunningham had a good game Thursday going for 8pt/12reb and could be in line for more minutes.
- Daequan Cook will get the start at SG Friday. James Harden will still see good minutes.
- Look for Tony Allen to see big minutes tonight, as he’s the only guy the Grizz have who can defend Kevin Durant on the perimeter. OJ Mayo might see a few less minutes tonight if this game is close.
- Daily Fantasy Cash Game Value Play: Rudy Gay $7400
Indiana @ Dallas (-4.5) 191.5 Total
IND: D. Collison, P. George, D. Granger, D. West, R. Hibbert
DAL: R. Beaubois, V. Carter, S. Marion, D. Nowitzki, I. Mahinmi
- Shawn Marion is probable.
- Jason Kidd is out. Rodrigue Beaubois will start at PG.
- Brendan Haywood is probable.
- Shawn Marion recently suffered a knee injury, so check his status tonight just to be safe.
- Lamar Odom is probable.
- Danny Granger has been hot lately and has a good matchup against Shawn Marion, who may not be 100% due to a hyperextended knee.
- Daily Fantasy Cash Game Value Play: Roy Hibbert $7000, Rodrigue Beaubois $5500
LA Lakers @ Denver (-4) 196.5 Total
LAL: D. Fisher, K. Bryant, M. Barnes, P. Gasol, A. Bynum
DEN: T. Lawson, A. Afflalo, D. Gallinari, T. Mozgov, Nene
- Matt Barnes and Metta Peace have been splitting starts a SF and it’s anyone’s guess who picks up the majority of minutes on any given night. Neither are fantasy worthy.
- Corey Brewer will miss the next two games with a personal issue.
- Had to do a double check on this line. Yes, it’s the Lakers getting 4. Might be worth a shot there.
- Steve Blake is out tonight, but he should return in the next week or so.
- Daily Fantasy Cash Game Value Plays: Ty Lawson $7100, Danilo Gallinari $7300