Fantasy Basketball Daily Pre-Game Report for Friday, January 13
Don’t forget about the two fantasy basketball freerolls tonight at Fanduel and Daily Joust. I have included links below to the registration page for each site. Simply choose a screenname and password and start building your team. Both tournaments are free to enter, so take your shot at the free prize money!
Tournament Roster Picks
Fanduel Roster: DJ Augustin ($6700), J. Calderon ($6600), S. Jackson ($6700), K. Bryant ($8700), G. Wallace ($7200), A. Iguodala ($7300), D. Cousins ($7200), G. Monroe ($6700), A. Bynum ($7800) ( Total Spent: $64,900)
Daily Joust Roster: T. Parker ($121k), J. Holiday ($118k), K. Martin ($99k), S. Jackson ($102k), D. Granger ($112k), A. Iguodala ($118k), D. Nowitzki ($121k), D. West ($99k), Nene ($106k) (Total Spent: $960k)
Friday’s NBA Schedule, Lines, Probable Starting Lineups, Injuries and Sit/Start Picks
(Dont forget to check the Twitter Feed on the right side of the Homepage for last minute player updates.)
Indiana (-5.5) @ Toronto 180 Total
IND: D. Collison, P. George, D. Granger, D. West, R. Hibbert
TOR: J. Calderon, D. DeRozan, (Johnson/Kleiza/Butler), A. Bargnani, A. Johnson
- Keep an eye on Linas Kleiza as he returns from an injury. He was the starter last season at SF and could return to that role soon.
- Andrea Bargnani is dealing with a calf injury and could miss Friday’s game. Either Ed Davis or Jamaal Magliore will pick up the start, but neither is a really attractive daily option against Indiana’s big men.
Washington @ Philadelphia (-13) 186.5 Total
WAS: J. Wall, N. Young, C. Singleton, T. Booker, J. McGee
PHI: J. Holiday, E. Turner, A. Iguodala, E. Brand, (T. Battie/N. Vucevic)
- Andray Blatche is out with a shoulder injury. Trevor Booker should get the start.
- Spencer Hawes is still dealing with back problems and is a gametime decision. Even if he does play, you run the risk of the Sixers pulling him early if the back acts up midgame. Nikola Vucevic or Tony Battie will likely get the start and split minutes if Hawes can’t go.
- Evan Turner has really been putting up some good lines lately and deserves a play in daily leagues.
Detroit @ Charlotte (-3) 180.5 Total
DET: R. Stuckey, B. Gordon, T. Prince, J. Jerebko, G. Monroe
CHA: DJ Augustin, G. Henderson, T. Thomas, B. Diaw, B. Mullens
- Tyrus Thomas sat out his last game with fatigue, so he should be ready to go in this one.
- Rodney Stuckey returned Thursday, but only managed 20 minutes. Brandon Knight got the start and still held pretty good value. I would expect the gap in minutes between the two to narrow as Stuckey gets healthier.
- Greg Monroe could have another big game against the inexperienced Byron Mullens.
Chicago (-2.5) @ Boston 177.5 Total
CHI: D. Rose, R. Brewer, L. Deng, C. Boozer, J. Noah
BOS: R. Rondo, R. Allen, P. Pierce, K. Garnett, J. O’Neal
- Derick Rose is still dealing with a foot injury and is questionable. John Lucas III could get another start if Rose can’t go, but playing against Rajon Rondo isn’t a great fantasy spot. However, you can probably expect a big game out of Rondo if Lucas has to cover him.
- Rip Hamilton is a gametime decision. Ronnie Brewer will pick up another start if Hamilton can’t go.
- Joakim Noah suffered a thumb injury in his last game and could be limited. Omer Asik makes a good daily play if Noah can’t go.
Minnesota (-1.5) @ New Orleans 180.5 Total
MIN: (R. Rubio/L. Ridnour), W. Johnson, D. Williams, K. Love, D. Milicic
NOR: J. Jack, M. Belinelli, AF Aminu, C. Landry, (E. Okafor/C. Kaman)
- Michael Beasley is out. Derrick Williams will get the start.
- Eric Gordon remains out with a sore knee. Marco Belinelli will start.
- Trevor Ariza remains out with a groin injury. Al-Farouq Aminu will start.
- The Wolves may be leaning toward starting Ricky Rubio in this one.
Sacramento @ Houston (-8) 200.5 Total
SAC: T. Evans, J. Fredette, J. Salmons, JJ Hickson, D. Cousins
HOU: K. Lowry, K. Martin, C. Parsons, L. Scola, S. Dalembert
- Marcus Thornton has missed a couple games and will miss Friday as well. Jimmer Fredette will get the start tonight.
- Chuck Hayes is still 2-3 weeks away from returning. JJ Hickson will hold down the PF spot until he returns.
- DeMarcus Cousins has a been a beast under new coach Marc Jackson and deserves some attention in daily leagues.
- Chandler Parsons has taken over the starting SF role from Chase Budinger.
- Courtney Lee is out.
Milwaukee @ Dallas (-9) 183.5 Total
MIL: B. Jennings, S. Jackson, D. Delfino, J. Leuer, A. Bogut
DAL: D. West, (V. Carter/J. Terry), S. Marion, D. Nowitzki, B. Haywood
- John Leuer started Thursday and could hold that spot, but his minutes are very risky.
- Jason Kidd is out. Delonte West will move to PG, with Vince Carter starting at SG.
- Brandon Jennings is getting all the minutes he can handle with Beno Udrih out with a shoulder injury. Keep riding him.
- Luc Richard Mbah a Moute is a gametime decision.
Portland @ San Antonio (-1.5) 194 Total
POR: R. Felton, W. Matthews, G. Wallace, L. Aldridge, M. Camby
SAS: T. Parker, K. Leonard, R. Jefferson, T. Duncan, D. Blair
- Tim Duncan put up a great line last time out and could be rounding into game shape.
- Kawhi Leonard will likely get the start again at SG.
New Jersey @ Phoenix (-6.5) 196 Total
NJN: D. Williams, A. Morrow, M. Brooks, K. Humphries, (M. Okur/J. Petro)
PHO: S. Nash,(J. Dudley/M. Redd), G. Hill, C. Frye, M. Gortat
- Deron Williams tweaked an ankle last game and could be limited. Check his gametime status.
- Mehmet Okur got back on the court for his last game, but I’d look for a timeshare right now with Johan Petro as Okur tries to get back into rhythm.
- Michael Redd had a pretty good first game and he could find himself in the starting lineup Friday. This move would send Jared Dudley to the bench to work with the second unit. His minutes are very uncertain, but he makes a nice low salary roster filler in daily cash games.
- Grant Hill suffered a quad injury Thursday and might not go Friday. Shannon Brown started the second half for Hill and would probably get the start tonight if Hill can’t go. Markieff Morris could see some extra minutes as well.
- Damion James is out with a right foot injury.
Miami (-3.5) @ Denver 210.5 Total
MIA: M. Chalmers/N. Cole, D. Wade, L. James, C. Bosh, J. Anthony
DEN: T. Lawson, A. Afflalo, D. Gallinari, A. Harrington/T. Mozgov, Nene
- Ty Lawson is still suffering from a foot injury, he should play, but check his gametime status. Andre Miller would get the start if Lawson can’t go and makes a good low priced roster filler.
- Rudy Fernandez is dealing with an achilles problem and is a gametime decision.
- Danilo Gallinari has a mild ankle sprain, but should play.
- Nene will continue to play through his heel injury. He should keep getting about 30 MPG.
- Dwyane Wade missed shootaround Friday and could be looking at another missed game. Check his status as gametime approaches.
Cleveland @ LA Lakers (-10.5) 187 Total
CLE: K. Irving, A. Parker, (O. Casspi/A. Gee), A. Jamison, A. Varejao
LAL: D. Fisher, K. Bryant, M. Barnes, P. Gasol, A. Bynum
- Steve Blake is dealing with a rib injury and could miss this game. Derek Fisher could get big minutes, but should be nowhere near your fantasy roster.
- Troy Murphy will return Friday after missing two games with gastroenteritis.
- Josh McRoberts will miss Friday’s game with a toe injury.
- Anderson Varejao fell on his elbow Thursday, so check his gametime status just to be safe.