Jan 27, 2012 Blog
Don’t forget, we’ve got two Fantasy Basketball Freerolls Friday night, both starting at 7:00 PM EST. Fanduel is having a $200 Free Entry Tournament and you can register by CLICKING HERE. Daily Joust is having a $100 Free Entry Tournament and you can register by CLICKING HERE.
Charlotte @ Philadelphia (-15.5) 183 Total
CHA: K. Walker, M. Carroll, D. Brown, T. Thomas, D. Diop
PHI: J. Holiday, (E. Turner/J. Meeks), A. Iguodala, E. Brand, T. Battie
- Gerald Henderson was a last minute scratch Wednesday with an injured tailbone and is listed as out for Friday. Matt Carroll started for him and should play good minutes with Henderson out.
- DJ Augustin is out for a couple more games. Derrick Brown will continue to start at SF, with Kemba Walker filling in for Augustin at PG.
- BJ Mullens fantasy run may be ending. It looks like opposing teams have figured out his game, much like hitters getting their second look at a new pitcher. He’s also dealing with a hand injury.
- Thaddeus Young suffered a lower back contusion Wednesday, so check his gametime status tonight.
- BJ Mullens has lost his starting job. DeSagana Diop will now start at center. There’s a reason Oklahoma City let him go. Avoid him for now.
- DJ White is out Friday.
- Daily Fantasy Game Pick: Kemba Walker $5600
Indiana (-3) @ Boston 174.5 Total
IND: D. Collison, P. George, D. Granger, D. West, R. Hibbert
BOS: A. Bradley, M. Pietrus, P. Pierce, K. Garnett, B. Bass
- Rajon Rondo missed Thursday’s game and is doubtful for Friday. Avery Bradley would pick up another start.
- Ray Allen missed Thursday’s game and is a gametime decision for Friday. Mickael Pietrus would likely get the start if Allen can’t play.
- Keyon Dooling, who was already nursing a sore knee, suffered a hip pointer Thursday.
- Jermaine O’Neal missed Thursday’s game and there’s no word yet on his status for Friday. Brandon Bass got the start and makes a nice daily play if O”Neal can’t go tonight.
- Daily Fantasy Game Pick: Paul Pierce $7300
Atlanta (-6) @ Detroit 180.5 Total
ATL: J. Teague, J. Johnson, M. Williams, J. Smith, Z. Pachulia
DET: B. Knight, R. Stuckey, (T. Prince/D. Wilkins), J. Jerebko, G. Monroe
- Kirk Hinrich returned to action Wednesday and he logged 13 minutes of action, most of which came from Jeff Teague. Keep an eye on Teague’s minutes.
- Tayshaun Prince missed Wednesday’s game for personal reasons. He should be back tonight.
- Ben Gordon is still dealing with a sore shoulder and is listed as doubtful. He underwent an MRI and his shoulder issues could be worse than most people thought.
- Tayshaun Prince is questionable Friday with some type of personal matter. Play it safe and avoid him. Damien Wilkins could get the start, with Austin Daye could pick up some extra minutes.
- Will Bynum is out Friday.
- Charlie Villanueva is out Friday.
- Daily Fantasy Game Pick: Brandon Knight $5500, Greg Monroe $7200
New Jersey @ Cleveland (-5) 190 Total
NJN: D. Williams, A. Morrow, D. Stevenson, (K. Humphries-Q), (M. Okur-Q)
CLE: K. Irving, A. Parker, O. Casspi, A. Jamison, A. Varejao
- MarShon Brooks has missed a few games with an achilles injury and is listed as a gametime decision.
- Mehmet Okur is a gametime decision with back spasms. Johan Petro would get the start if Okur can’t go.
- Kris Humphries is a gametime decision Friday with a stomach virus.
- Tristan Thompson is probable.
- Daily Fantasy Game Pick: Antawn Jamison $7000 (if Humphries and Okur are both out)
New York @ Miami (-11.5) 195.5 Total
NYK: I. Shumpert, L. Fields, B. Walker, A. Stoudemire, T. Chandler
MIA: N. Cole/M. Chalmers, (D. Wade-Q), L. James, C. Bosh, J. Anthony
- Carmelo Anthony is really out of rhythm right now and the Knicks have decided to shut him down for at least the next two games. Bill Walker should get the start at SF.
- Amare Stoudemire is going to have to pick up the scoring while Carmelo is out. He could be a great daily play.
- Dwyane Wade is a gametime decision. James Jones and Shane Battier will split SG minutes if Wade can’t play.
- Baron Davis is listed as doubtful, as he will probably be for the rest of the season. A perpetual fantasy tease.
- Daily Fantasy Game Pick: Amare Stoudemire $7500
Milwaukee @ Chicago (-11) 185 Total
MIL: B. Jennings, S. Livingston, C. Delfino, LRMA Moute, D. Gooden
CHI: D. Rose, R. Hamilton, R. Brewer, C. Boozer, J. Noah
- Andrew Bogut is out after suffering an ankle injury Wednesday. He could miss the rest of the year. Drew Gooden will get the start at center and makes a very attractive daily fantasy play, as well as a great pickup in season long leagues.
- Stephen Jackson showed signs of life Wednesday putting up 20 points. He’s still a risky daily play.
- Luol Deng is out. Ronnie Brewer will get the start at SF.
- Mike Dunleavy could be a nice waiver wire grab if you need points and threes.
- Joakim Noah becomes a much better play with Andrew Bogut out.
- Taj Gibson is a gametime decision. He should return either today or this weekend.
- Daily Fantay Game Pick: Drew Gooden $5600
Orlando (-4) @ New Orleans 176.5 Total
ORL: J. Nelson, J. Richardson, H. Turkoglu, R. Anderson, D. Howard
NOR: J. Jack, M. Belinelli, T. Ariza, C. Landry, E. Okafor
- Keep an eye on Gustavo Ayon. It looks like he’s replaced Chris Kaman in the rotation, at least for now.
- Eric Gordon is out for at least three more weeks. Marco Belinelli will continue to start at SG.
- Dwight Howard put up a decent line Thursday after dealing with back spasms. Definitely check his gametime status tonight just to make sure he’s a go.
- Jameer Nelson is dealing with a leg injury which is limiting his production, not that he was producing that much anyway.
- Jason Richardson is trying to play through a very sore knee and could be shut down at any time. He’s a very risky daily play. If he misses time, JJ Redick will benefit.
- Daily Fantasy Game Pick: Jarrett Jack $6900
Washington @ Houston (-9.5) 201 Total
WAS: J. Wall, N. Young, R. Lewis, A. Blatche, J. McGee
HOU: K. Lowry, (K. Martin-Q), C. Parsons, L. Scola, S. Dalembert
- Kevin Martin missed shootaround with a foot injury and is a now a gametime decision. Courtney Lee would likely get the start if Martin can’t play.
- Daily Fantasy Game Pick: John Wall $7500, Kyle Lowry $7600
San Antonio (-1) @ Minnesota 196.5 Total
SAS: T. Parker, K. Leonard, R. Jefferson, T. Duncan, D. Blair
MIN: R. Rubio, (L. Ridnour-Q), D. Williams, K. Love, D. Milicic
- Luke Ridnour missed Wednesday’s game with a knee injury and he’s currently listed as a gametime decision, but he should play. Wayne Ellington will likely get the start if Ridnour misses.
- Kawhi Leonard saw his minutes bounce back up after playing only 7 minutes a couple of games ago. He’s still starting, but makes a really risky daily play.
- Tiago Splitter is still putting up good numbers. He’s going to be a must play on those nights where the Spurs rest Tim Duncan.
- JJ Barea is out Friday.
- Michael Beasley is a gametime decision.
- Brad Miller is available tonight for the Wolves.
- Daily Fantasy Game Pick: Ricky Rubio $7000
Utah @ Dallas (-5) 183.5 Total
UTA: D. Harris, (R. Bell-Q), G. Hayward, P. Millsap, (A. Jefferson/D. Favors)
DAL: J. Kidd, D. West, S. Marion, L. Odom, B. Haywood
- Al Jefferson hurt his ankle in shootaround on Wednesday and missed that game. He’s a gametime decision with what is being labeled as tendonitis in his ankle. Derrick Favors got the start for Jefferson Wednesday and went for 16pt/12reb. He’s a great daily play at a cheap salary.
- Josh Howard returned to action Wednesday, but only managed 16 minutes, missing all five of his shot attempts. Avoid him for now.
- Paul Millsap went for 31pt/11reb Wednesday with Al Jefferson out. Look for another big game from Millsap if Big Al misses.
- Lamar Odom somehow jacked up 14 shots in 16 minutes Wednesday. He’s not playing that well, but he’s got upside potential and I think you have to roll with him in daily games due to his cheap salary.
- Vince Carter may be available to play Friday, but I’d avoid him until he shows that he’s fully healthy.
- Raja Bell is a gametime decision.
- Delonte West is a gametime decision with a hamstring injury.
- Daily Fantasy Game Pick: Derrick Favors $5200
Toronto @ Denver (-12) 197.5 Total
TOR: J. Calderon, D. DeRozan, J. Johnson, E. Davis, A. Johnson
DEN: (T. Lawson-Q), C. Brewer, D. Gallinari, T. Mozgov, Nene
- Andrea Bargnani re-aggravated his calf injury Wednesday and is listed as a gametime decision.
- Ty Lawson twisted and ankle Wednesday and didn’t return to the game. He’s listed as doubtful. Andre Miller makes a great daily start if Lawson misses.
- Arron Afflalo missed Wednesday’a game with a groin injury and he’s listed as doubtful for Friday. He says he’ll play, but don’t risk it. Corey Brewer would likely get the start if Afflalo can’t play, but the uncertainty surrounding Afflalo’s status make Brewer too big of a risk.
- Rudy Fernandez is a gametime decision.
- Linas Kleiza is really playing well after returning from an injury. Check your waiver wire to make sure he’s not sitting out there.
- Daily Fantasy Game Pick: Jose Calderon $6300, Danilo Gallinari $7100
Phoenix @ Portland (-9.5) 190.5 Total
PHO: Steve Nash, J. Dudley, G. Hill, (C. Frye/M. Morris), M. Gortat
POR: R. Felton, W. Matthews, G. Wallace, L. Aldridge, M. Camby
- Gerald Wallace is really having some problems with his injured finger. It might be a safe play to just avoid him for a few games until he heals. If you do decide to go with him, be safe and check his gametime status just before tipoff.
- Robin Lopez will server a one game suspension tonight. This means Marcin Gortat will have to play some extra minutes.
- Daily Fantasy Game Pick: Marcin Gortat $7200
Oklahoma City (-4) @ Golden State 199 Total
OKC: R. Westbrook, T. Sefolosha/J. Harden, K. Durant, S. Ibaka, K. Perkins
GSW: S. Curry, M. Ellis, D. Wright, D. Lee, A. Biedrins
- David Lee could post a solid line against the weak OKC interior.
- Stephen Curry has seen his daily fantasy salary decrease to a point where he’s great value.
- Daily Fantasy Game Pick: Stephen Curry $7000, David Lee $7800