Fantasy Basketball Daily Pre-Game Report for Saturday, February 4th
I’m posting early today and heading out to see my favorite comedian, Ron White, tonight. Make sure you double check tonight’s probable starting lineups and injury reports for news that comes out after I’ve posted. No reports on the Twitter Feed today either. See you guys tomorrow.
Saturday’s Fantasy Basketball Daily Tournament Schedule:
Fanduel $1500 NBA Assist – 7:00 PM EST, $5 Entry, Top 36 Teams Paid
Fanduel $5000 NBA Dunk – 7:00 PM EST, $100 Entry, Top 6 Teams Paid
Fanduel $4000 NBA Slam – 7:00 PM EST, $25 Entry, Top 16 Teams Paid
Fanduel $4000 NBA Rebound – 7:00 PM EST, $10 Entry, Top 53 Teams Paid
Fanduel $2500 NBA Shot – 7:00 PM EST, $2 Entry, Top 123 Teams Paid
Fanduel Two Player Head to Head Matches – 7:00 PM EST, $1 to $535 Entry
Saturday’s NBA Schedule, Probable Starting Lineups, Lines, Injuries and Daily Cash Game Picks
Philadelphia @ Atlanta (-4) 180 Total
PHI: J. Holiday, J. Meeks, A. Iguodala, E. Brand, T. Battie
ATL: J. Teague, J. Johnson, M. Williams, J. Smith, Z. Pachulia
- Nikola Vucevic returned Friday, but only played 5 minutes. Avoid him for now. Tony Battie should continue to start.
- Lou Williams is a nice cheap daily play. He jacked 17 shot attempts Friday in 29 minutes of action.
- Josh Smith could post a big line against the smallish Sixers interior.
- Jason Collins is out. Zaza Pachulia and Josh Smith will get extra minutes. Ivan Johnson could see some extra run as well.
- Daily Fantasy Cash Game Value Play: Josh Smith $7700
Orlando @ Indiana (-6) 186.5 Total
ORL: C. Duhon, J. Richardson, H. Turkoglu, R. Anderson, D. Howard
IND: D. Collison, P. George, D. Granger, D. West, R. Hibbert
- Paul George got a huge 41 minutes last night with George Hill on the shelf with an injury. He posted 30pt/9reb/5ast/5stl. He’s a must play in daily games at a reasonable salary.
- Jameer Nelson is out. Chris Duhon will get another start.
- Jason Richardson was able to return Friday and logged 28 minutes. JJ Redick can safely be avoided now in daily games.
- Glen Davis picked up a two game suspension, which should give Ryan Anderson all the minutes he can handle.
- Earl Clark could also get a little extra run while Glen Davis serves his two game suspension.
- Daily Fantasy Cash Game Sleeper Pick: Chris Duhon $4200
LA Clippers (-8.5) @ Washington 199 Total
LAC: C. Paul, C. Billups, C. Butler, B. Griffin, D. Jordan
WAS: J. Wall, N. Young, R. Lewis, (J. Vesely/T. Booker), J. McGee
- Trevor Booker is locked in for the Wizards at PF. He’s not starting yet, but he got a strong 32 minutes Friday, putting up 13pt/7ast. He’s a great daily cash game start until Andray Blatche returns.
- Give Jordan Crawford a look if you are in a keeper league. There will probably be a youth movement soon, and Crawford could lead the way.
- Daily Fantasy Cash Game Sleeper Pick: Trevor Booker $5100
Dallas (-5) @ Cleveland 188 Total
DAL: R. Beaubois, V. Carter, S. Marion, D. Nowitzki, B. Haywood
CLE: K. Irving, M. Thompson, O. Casspi, A. Jamison, A. Varejao
- I got burned again with Roddy Beaubois last night and I’m done using him in daily games. Jason Kidd should be back in a game or two. Beaubois is a safe drop to the wire having done nothing with his opportunity.
- Brendan Haywood returned from injury Friday and logged 28 minutes. His returns hurts the fantasy value of Ian Mahinmi.
- Shawn Marion played last night, but he was clearly suffering with a sore knee. Might be best to avoid him for a few games until he gets 100% healthy.
- Jason Kidd is out Saturday. Rodrigue Beaubois will get his last start.
- Antawn Jamison doesn’t seem to be suffering at all from his recent hand injury. Feel free to use him as normal.
- Mychal Thompson should get another start at SG with Anthony Parker listed as doubtful. He’s not worth using in daily games.
- Daily Fantasy Cash Game Value Pick: Dirk Nowitzki $7300
New Orleans @ Detroit (-2) No Total
NOR: G. Vazquez, M. Belinelli, T. Ariza, C. Landry/J. Smith, E. Okafor
DET: B. Knight, R. Stuckey, T. Prince, G. Monroe, J. Maxiell
- Brandon Knight slumped for a few games, but he bounced back in a big way last night with 26pt/7ast. His salary dropped a little with the bad performances, so he’s still a good daily cash game play.
- Ben Gordon is out with a shoulder injury. Rodney Stuckey and Brandon Knight will continue to get all the minutes they can handle.
- Jason Maxiell has moved into the starting lineup the past couple of games. He got 37 minutes of run Friday and could be a nice roster filler at a cheap salary.
- Jarrett Jack is a gametime decision. He missed his last game and Greivis Vazquez got the start. Vazquez is a good daily cash game start if Jack misses.
- Charlie Villanueva’s ankle injury is more serious than anyone thought. He’s out for at least three more weeks.
- Daily Fantasy Cash Game Sleeper Pick: Greivis Vazquez (if Jack is out) $4800
New Jersey @ New York (-6) 195 Total
NJN: D. Williams, A. Morrow, S. Williams, K. Humphries, S. Williams
NYK: I. Shumpert, L. Fields, C. Antony, A. Stoudemire, T. Chandler
- Brook Lopez is probably just a week or two away from returning, so check your waiver wire just to make sure he isn’t sitting out there.
- Anthony Morrow’s ankle looks just fine as he played 32 minutes and put up a monster 42 points. Get him in your lineup.
- Jordan Farmar is going to be a nice 6th man type play until MarShon Brooks returns. Farmar got 30 minutes of run and posted 14pt/7ast Friday.
- MarShon Brooks is out until at least the middle of next week.
- Toney Douglas is looking like an easy drop to the wire. He only got 8 minutes Friday and can safely be ignored in daily games.
- Mehmet Okur is out. He’s going to be hitting a lot of waiver wires soon with the return of Brook Lopez, if he hasn’t already.
- Daily Fantasy Cash Game Sleeper Pick: Anthony Morrow $5800
Houston @ Minnesota (-2) 202.5 Total
HOU: K. Lowry, K. Martin, C. Parsons, L. Scola, S. Dalembert
MIN: R. Rubio, L. Ridnour, W. Johnson, K. Love, (N. Pekovic/D. Milicic)
- The Chandler Parsons / Chase Budinger timeshare at SF is just a fantasy disaster. It’s almost impossible to guess which guy is going to get the minutes and points. Avoid them both.
- Kyle Lowry’s shooting isn’t getting any better, so look for Goran Dragic to possibly start eating into his minutes a little.
- Darko Milicic tried to return from an knee injury, but could only manage 8 minutes Friday. The blocks from Milicic are nice, but it’s probably time to drop him.
- Nikola Pekovic could soon be the starting center for the Timberwolves. He posted 27pt/11reb last night. Check your wire and give him a flier, it could pay off big.
- Derrick Williams has fallen completely out of the rotation and is a safe drop for anyone not in a keeper league.
- Daily Fantasy Cash Game Sleeper Pick: Nikola Pekovic $4700
Chicago (4.5) @ Milwaukee 189.5 Total
CHI: D. Rose, K. Korver, R. Brewer, C. Boozer, J. Noah
MIL: B. Jennings, S. Livingston, C. Delfino, LRMAM, D. Gooden
- Drew Gooden was a huge disappointment Friday night, only getting 23 minutes. He could be running into some conditioning problems. It’s tough to go from a bench player getting 15 minutes to a starter getting 35 minutes, especially in this compressed season.
- Stephen Jackson with a DNP Friday night. Sean Livingston will continue to start at SG and makes a nice low priced daily option.
- Luol Deng is a gametime decision. Ronnie Brewer will get the start at SF if Deng can’t go.
- Rip Hamilton is doubtful. Kyle Korver should pickup another start at SG.
- Jimmy Butler had a nice game recently for the Bulls and deserves a look from guys in keeper leagues.
- Daily Fantasy Cash Game Value Pick: Joakim Noah $6800
Oklahoma City @ San Antonio (-3) 195 Total
OKC: R. Westbrook, D. Cook, K. Durant, S. Ibaka, K. Perkins
SAS: T. Parker, K. Leonard, R. Jefferson, T. Duncan, D. Blair
- Thabo Sefolosha is questionable. Daequan Cook will likely get the start, but James Harden is the guy you want to play here. I wish the Thunder would just give Harden the starting job already.
- Double check Tim Duncan’s gametime status, he’s due for a game off anytime now.
- Tiago Splitter could make a nice cheap roster filler if you are desperate at center.
- Daily Fantasy Cash Game Sleeper Pick: James Harden $6500
Charlotte @ Phoenix (-9.5) 188 Total
CHA: K. Walker, M. Carroll, B. Diaw, T. Thomas, D. Diop
PHO: S. Nash, J. Dudley, G. Hill, C. Frye, M. Gortat
- Grant Hill’s knee is really bothering him. He played Friday, but was limited to 23 minutes and didn’t grab a single rebound. Time to cut him.
- Gerald Henderson is out 1-2 weeks. Matt Carroll should get the start at SG.
- Daily Fantasy Cash Game Sleeper Pick: Jared Dudley $5800
LA Lakers @ Utah (-2) 186 Total
LAL: D. Fisher, K. Bryant, M. Peace, P. Gasol, A. Bynum
UTA: J. Tinsley, G. Hayward, J. Howard, P. Millsap, A. Jefferson
- Devin Harris missed his last game with a hamstring injury. Jamaal Tinsley should get the start if Harris can’t go tonight.
- Raja Bell is out. Gordon Hayward will get the start at SG.
- Al Jefferson seems to be fully recovered from his recent ankle issue and looks safe to get back in daily games.
- The Lakers covered my pick last night as a 4 point dog and I’d ride them again tonight as a 2 point dog.
- Daily Fantasy Cash Game Sleeper Pick: Jamaal Tinsley (if Devin Harris is out) $3300
Denver @ Portland (-6) 200 Total
DEN: T. Lawson, A. Afflalo, D. Gallinari, T. Mozgov, Nene
POR: R. Felton, W. Matthews, G. Wallace, L. Aldridge, M. Camby
- Timofey Mozgov is out with an ankle injury. Kosta Koufos could start, with Al Harrington also picking up extra minutes.
- Aarron Afflalo has been horrible lately and the Nuggets could soon move to a system much like the Clippers did with Chris Paul and Chauncey Billups, where Andre Miller pairs with Ty Lawson in the backcourt.
- Danilo Gallinari left Friday’s game with an eye injury and didn’t return. He’s questionable for Saturday.
- Daily Fantasy Cash Game Sleeper Pick: Al Harrington $6300
Golden State @ Sacramento (-1.5) 199.5 Total
GSW: S. Curry, M. Ellis, D. Wright, D. Lee, A. Biedrins
SAC: T. Evans, M. Thornton, J. Salmons, J. Thompson, D. Cousins
- Be careful using DeMarcus Cousins. He may already be clashing with his new head coach. He was benched in his last game and could see a decrease in minutes.
- Marcus Thornton recently returned from injury and doesn’t look to have any limitations at this point. Feel free to use him as normal.
- Chuck Hayes is playing through his shoulder injury, but it doesn’t appear that he’s going to be much of a fantasy force this season if he continues to come off the bench.
- Daily Fantasy Cash Game Value Pick: Stephen Curry $7200