Fantasy Basketball Daily Pre-Game Report for Thursday, January 19
$200 Fantasy Football Freeroll Friday – Yes, that’s right, some fantasy football. Fanduel is hosting one last freeroll for new players on fantasy football’s final weekend of the season. It’s set up just like their fantasy basketball games and it’s an easy $200 up for grabs. Enter for free by CLICKING HERE.
Fanduel also put up a great video of this year’s $200,000 fantasy football finals in Las Vegas that you can WATCH HERE. That should definitely get you fired up for next fantasy football season!!
Thursday’s Daily Fantasy Tournament Schedule
Fanduel $5000 NBA Dunk – 8:00 PM EST, $100 Entry, Top 6 Teams Paid
Fanduel $1500 NBA Assist – 8:00 PM EST, $5 Entry, Top 36 Teams Paid
Fanduel $750 College Basketball Tourney – 7:00 PM EST, $10 Entry
Fanduel Two Player Head to Head Matches – 8:00 PM EST, $1 to $535 Entry
Thursday’s NBA Schedule, Lines, Injuries, Probable Starting Lineups
LA Lakers @ Miami OFF
LAL: D. Fisher, K. Bryant, M. Barnes, P. Gasol, A. Bynum
MIA: M. Chalmers/N. Cole, J. Jones, L. James, C. Bosh, J. Anthony
- Dwyane Wade will likely miss Thursday’s game. James Jones should get the start, with the possibility that Shane Battier gets big minutes trying to contain Kobe.
- Steve Blake is out so Derek Fisher will get big minutes. Fisher suddenly becomes attractive in daily cash games on a slow three game night.
- You have to start Kobe Bryant in daily games if you have the salary space, especially with Dwyane Wade out.
- Andrew Bynum is another must start against a very weak Miami interior.
- LeBron James is recovering from a cold and was sent home from shootaround. He’s a gametime decision.
- Mike Miller will play Thursday.
New Orleans @ Houston (-10) 186 Total
NOR: J. Jack, M. Belinelli, T. Ariza, J. Smith, E. Okafor
HOU: K. Lowry, K. Martin, C. Parsons, L. Scola, S. Dalembert
- The Rockets are finally getting Kyle Lowry some rest. He’s only played 32 and 30 minutes in his last two games, so he should be relatively fresh for this one.
- Trevor Ariza returned last night after missing eight games with a groin injury and logged 39 minutes with a solid line, so he should safe to start using again. Al-Farouq Aminu moved back to the bench and won’t be fantasy relevant again until there is another injury.
- The New Orleans frontcourt is a fantasy disaster right now. It’s basically fantasy roulette on who’s going to get the minutes. I’d avoid Jason Smith, Emeka Okafor, Carl Landry and Chris Kaman right now.
- Jordan Hill is out for the Rockets with the flu.
Dallas @ Utah (-2.5) 184 Total
DAL: J. Kidd, D. West, S. Marion, D. Nowitzki, B. Haywood
UTA: D. Harris, R. Bell, G. Hayward, P. Millsap, A. Jefferson
- Jason Kidd seems to be over his back problems and makes a solid start on a three game board.
- Vince Carter is doubtful with a foot injury. Delonte West and Jason Terry could see a bump up in minutes.
- Dirk Nowitzki played through a cold tonight and could be a little sluggish on the 2nd of a back to back.
- Josh Howard is doubtful. Gordon Hayward should get the start and all the minutes he can handle.
- Al Jefferson has a great matchup against Brendan Haywood and could put up a great line.
- Derrick Favors is listed as probable.