Feb 28, 2012 Blog
Hope you guys enjoyed the All-Star break, I certainly did. It’s a 33 game sprint to the playoffs and only about a month until fantasy basketball playoffs start, so it’s time to make up ground if you are sitting on the playoff bubble.
I’ll be posting on most weekdays throughout March, but I’ll be switching over to baseball on opening day. I’ll probably only be posting once or twice a week in April.
Tuesday’s Fantasy Basketball Daily Tournament Schedule:
Fanduel $2500 NBA Shot – 7:00 PM EST, $2 Entry, Top 123 Teams Paid
Fanduel $2000 NBA Assist – 7:00 PM EST, $5 Entry, Top 50 Teams Paid
Fanduel $4000 NBA Reboudnd – 7:00 PM EST, $10 Entry Top 53 Teams Paid
Fanduel $4000 NBA Slam – 7:00 PM EST, $25 Entry, Top 16 Teams Paid
Fanduel $5000 NBA Dunk – 7:00 PM EST, $100 Entry, Top 6 Teams Paid
Fanduel Two Player Head to Head Matches – 7:00 PM EST, $1 to $535 Entry
Also, don’t forget about the ProfanitySports.com Win A Trip to the ESPYs contest that starts today. You can sign up for that one by CLICKING HERE. I posted a detailed description of the contest yesterday that you can review here.
Tuesday’s NBA Schedule, Lines, Injuries, Probable Starting Lineups and Daily Fantasy Tournament Picks
Boston (-3.5) @ Cleveland 183.5
BOS: R. Rondo, R. Allen, P. Pierce, K. Garnett, B. Bass/C. Wilcox
CLE: K. Irving, A. Parker, O. Casspi, A. Jamison, T. Thompson/S. Erden
- Anderson Varejao is out. Tristan Thompson and Semih Erden will split time at center until Varejao returns.
- Brandon Bass is probable.
- Chris Wilcox is probable. Wilcox and Bass could both get good minutes going forward if Jermaine O’Neal is forced to sit with his wrist injury.
- Jermaine O’Neal is going to see a specialist for his wrist injury. Hopefully, we’ll get some timetable on how long he’s going to be out.
- Anthony Parker is probable. Alonzo Gee’s fantasy run will be cut short with the return of Parker.
- Rajon Rondo has completed his two game suspension and will start tonight.
- Daily Fantasy Tournament Value Pick: Paul Pierce
Golden State @ Indiana (-5.5) 201.5
GSW: N. Robinson, M. Ellis, D. Wright, D. Lee, A. Biedrins
IND: D. Collison, P. George, D. Granger, D. West, R. Hibbert
- Roy Hibbert has a great matchup against Andris Biedrins and should post an easy 20/10.
- Stephen Curry is doubtful. Nate Robinson should get the start and makes an attractive daily play.
- Daily Fantasy Tournament Sleeper Pick: Nate Robinson (check Curry’s gametime status just to make sure he’s out)
- Daily Fantasy Tournament Value Pick: Roy Hibbert
Philadelphia (-4) @ Detroit 182.5 Total
PHI: J. Holiday, J. Meeks, A. Iguodala, E. Brand, L. Allen
DET: B. Knight, R. Stuckey, T. Prince, G. Monroe, J. Maxiell
- Elton Brand is still bothered by his thumb injury and should probably be avoided until he’s 100%.
- Spencer Hawes is out for at least another two weeks. Lavoy Allen should get the start, with Nikola Vucevic also seeing good minutes.
- Daily Fantasy Tournament Value Pick: Greg Monroe
New Orleans @ Chicago (-13.5) 180 Total
NOR: G. Vazquez, M. Belinelli, T. Ariza, G. Ayon, C. Kaman
CHI: D. Rose, R. Brewer, L. Deng, C. Boozer, J. Noah
- I’m looking for Joakim Noah to get off to a much better start in the second half of the season than he did in the first half and he has an excellent matchup to get things started. He should be able to post a solid line against the weak Hornets interior.
- CJ Watson is probable.
- Rip Hamilton is a gametime decision. Play it safe and avoid him. Ronnie Brewer will get the start if Hamilton can’t play.
- Derrick Rose seems to be back to normal and should be a safe start.
- Luol Deng is dealing with some kind of injury and shows up in some places as questionable. He should go, but check it just to be safe.
- Daily Fantasy Tournament Value Pick: Joakim Noah
Washington @ Milwaukee (-7.5) 200 Total
WAS: J. Wall, N. Young, C. Singleton, T. Booker, J. McGee
MIL: B. Jennings, S. Livingston, C. Delfino, E. Ilyasova, D. Gooden
- Stephen Jackson is floating around on several waiver wires and it might be a great gamble if you are trying to sneak in the playoffs or if you have an open bench spot. There’s some speculation that he’ll be traded soon, which would send his value soaring.
- Drew Gooden will return from his wrist injury Tuesday. Not sure how many minutes he’s going to get, so play it safe and avoid him a for a game to see how he looks.
- John Leuer is dealing with the flu and might be limited tonight.
- Guys in season long keeper leagues should definitely give Jordan Crawford a look as a possible keeper for next year.
- Andray Blatche is still out.
- Daily Fantasy Tournament Value Pick: Brandon Jennings
Toronto @ Houston (-9.5) 191 Total
TOR: J. Calderon, D. DeRozan, J. Johnson, A. Johnson, A. Gray
HOU: K. Lowry, K. Martin, C. Parsons, L. Scola, S. Dalembert
- Linas Kleiza is probable.
- Andrea Bargnani is out. Amir Johnson and Aaron Gray will continue to cover for him.
- Daily Fantasy Tournament Value Pick: Kyle Lowry
New Jersey @ Dallas (-10) 188.5 Total
NJN: D. Williams, D. Stevenson, M. Brooks, K. Humphries, B. Lopez
DAL: J. Kidd, V. Carter, S. Marion, D. Nowitzki, B. Haywood
- Lamar Odom is out for at least two games. Shawn Marion and Dirk Nowitzki will have to log extra minutes.
- Deron Williams is dealing with a sore foot, so be safe and check his gametime status just before tipoff.
- Brook Lopez should get 30 minutes tonight.
- Daily Fantasy Tournament Value Pick: Dirk Nowitzki
Utah @ Sacramento (-2.5) 202.5 Total
UTA: D. Harris, G. Hayward, J. Howard, P. Millsap, A. Jefferson
SAC: T. Evans, M. Thornton, I. Thomas, J. Thompson, D. Cousins
- The Jazz have discussed moving Gordon Hayward to SG and starting Josh Howard at SF. Look to see if they make that move tonight. If they do, Howard will be a great cheap daily play.
- Raja Bell is a gametime decision.
- Daily Fantasy Tournament Sleeper Pick: Isaiah Thomas
Minnesota @ LA Clippers (-6.5) 196 Total
MIN: R. Rubio, L. Ridnour, W. Johnson, K. Love, N. Pekovic
LAC: C. Paul, R. Foye, C. Butler, B. Griffin, D. Jordan
- There is speculation that the Clippers want to cut Chris Paul’s minutes to keep him fresh. Keep an eye on it and maybe choose an alternate high salary option at PG if you see his minutes decline.
- Michael Beasley could get some extra run if the Wolves decide to showcase him for a trade.
- DeAndre Jordan is dealing with a sore shoulder, so check his gametime status.
- Daily Fantasy Tournament Value Pick: Caron Butler