Jan 31, 2012 Blog
Before we get to tonight’s report, a few guys have emailed me asking why I was picking guys like Chris Duhon and Derrick Favors as my Fantasy Cash Game picks. My picks aren’t guys who I think will put up the best line in a game, they are picks that represent the best value under the salary cap rules that daily cash games use. If you can find an underpriced player to put on your team at a position, that will provide you with extra salary cap space to use at another position to pay a stud player. It’s all about creating the best value team you can while staying under the $65,000 salary cap limit. Hope that helps explain the picks.
Tuesday’s Daily Fantasy NBA Basketball, NCAA Basketball and NHL Hockey Tournament Schedule:
Fanduel $2000 NBA Assist – 7:00 PM EST, $5 Entry, Top 50 Teams Paid
Fanduel $5000 NBA Rebound – 7:00 PM EST, $10 Entry, Top 59 Teams Paid
Fanduel $5000 NBA Slam – 7:00 PM EST, $25 Entry, Top 24 Teams Paid
Fanduel $5000 NBA Dunk – 7:00 PM EST, $100 Entry, Top 6 Teams Paid
Fanduel $2500 NBA Shot – 7:00 PM EST, $2 Entry, Top 123 Teams Paid
Fanduel Two Player Head to Head Matches – 7:00 PM EST, $1 to $535 Entry
Tuesday’s NBA Schedule, Probable Starting Lineups, Injuries and Daily Fantasy Cash Game Picks:
Atlanta (-5) @ Toronto 177.5 Total
ATL: J. Teague, J. Johnson, M. Williams, J. Smith, Z. Pachulia
TOR: J. Calderon, J. Bayless, D. DeRozan, J. Johnson, A. Johnson
- Toronto made big changes to their starting lineup Sunday, so check these starters as gametime approaches.
- Jerryd Bayless should get another start at SG and makes a great daily play with a low salary.
- Jeff Teague had been dealing with an ankle injury, but he looked good Sunday putting up 24 points. Be safe and check his gametime status just to make sure he’s a full go tonight.
- Leandro Barbosa is a gametime decision.
- Daily Fantasy Cash Game Sleeper Pick: Jerryd Bayless $5100
Boston (-4) @ Cleveland 178 Total
BOS: A. Bradley, R. Allen, P. Pierce, K. Garnett, (J. O’Neal/B. Bass)
CLE: K. Irving, A. Gee, O. Casspi, A. Jamison, A. Varejao
- Rajon Rondo is out Tuesday. Avery Bradley is also nursing an injury, so be careful using him. E’Twaun Moore could see a slight increase in minutes Tuesday.
- Anthony Parker is likely out tonight. Alonzo Gee should get the start. Ramon Sessions could see a bump up in minutes also.
- Daniel Gibson is out with an infection.
- Paul Pierce is a daily must play with Rajon Rondo out.
- Jermaine O’Neal is probable.
- Daily Fantasy Cash Game Sleeper Pick: Alonzo Gee $5200
New Jersey @ Indiana (-9.5) 190 Total
NJN: D. Williams, A. Morrow, L. Owens, K. Humphries, J. Petro
IND: D. Collison, P. George, D. Granger, D. West, R. Hibbert
- Roy Hibbert should be able to post a huge line against Johan Petro.
- MarShon Brooks is out Tuesday with a broken toe.
- DeShawn Stevenson is out with a sore knee.
- Mehmet Okur is out with a back injury.
- Keep an eye on George Hill of the Pacers. He’s starting to heat up and can grab you 6th man type scoring stats.
- Danny Granger has the chance to put up a solid line against whatever the Nets decide throw out there at SF, probably Larry Owens.
- Daily Fantasy Cash Game Value Pick: Roy Hibbert $7100
Detroit @ New York (-9) 184 Total
DET: B. Knight, R. Stuckey, T. Prince, G. Monroe, B. Wallace
NYK: T. Douglas, L. Fields, B. Walker, A. Stoudemire, T. Chandler
- Charlie Villanueva is out.
- Will Bynum is out.
- Ben Gordon is out with a shoulder injury.
- Baron Davis will not play Tuesday.
- Carmelo Anthony is a gametime decision. Bill Walker would get the start if Melo can’t go. Even if he can play, Anthony’s salary is just too high in daily cash games to risk using him tonight. Find a safer similarly priced option.
- Jonas Jerebko has really fallen out of the rotation, even with Charlie Villanueva out of action. Probably time to cut Jerebko for a better option.
- Tony Douglas could be a useful start tonight as he should get the start at PG for the Knicks. Iman Shumpert has seen his minutes cut and probably isn’t usable right now.
- Daily Fantasy Cash Game Sleeper Pick: Bill Walker $4500
Denver (-1) @ Memphis 200 Total
DEN: A. Miller, A. Afflalo, D. Gallinari, T. Mozgov, Nene
MEM: M. Conley, (T. Allen/OJ Mayo), R. Gay, M. Speights, M. Gasol
- Ty Lawson is a gametime decision with an ankle injury. Andre Miller makes a great daily play if Lawson can’t go.
- OJ Mayo left Monday’s game with an ankle injury, but returned to finish the game. Be safe and check his gametime status just to make sure he’s playing full speed tonight.
- Marc Gasol has really been a disappoinment lately after a few huge lines. Maybe time to lay off his high salary for a few games.
- Daily Fantasy Cash Game Sleeper Pick: Andre Miller $6600
Charlotte @ LA Lakers (-12.5) 181.5 Total
CHA: K. Walker, G. Henderson, B. Diaw, T. Thomas, D. Diop
LAL: D. Fisher, K. Bryant, M. Barnes, P. Gasol, A. Bynum
- Andrew Bynum should put up a huge line against a weak Bobcat interior.
- Gerald Henderson is still limited with a lower back injury, but should play. I’d avoid him.
- Boris Diaw is back in the starting lineup and makes a great daily play since his daily salary has come down so far due to his part time play. Daily salaries on every site are computed based on stats per game. When guys only play limited minutes, their per game stats decrease, which makes their salaries plummet. You always want to be on the lookout for part time players who return to a starting minutes type role. That’s where the best value plays are.
- Daily Fantasy Cash Game Sleeper Pick: Boris Diaw $6000
Sacramento @ Golden State (-7.5) 199 Total
SAC: T. Evans, J. Fredette, J. Salmons, J. Thompson, D. Cousins
GSW: S. Curry, M. Ellis, D. Wright, D. Lee, A. Biedrins
- Chuck Hayes re-aggravated his shoulder injury and is a gametime decision. He’s probably going to be damaged goods all season and it’s probably best to save yourself the aggravation and just cut him now.
- Marcus Thornton is doubtful. Jimmer Fredette should get the start.
- Jason Thompson will likely pick up a start if Chuck Hayes can’t go.
- Daily Fantasy Cash Game Value Pick: Stephen Curry $7300