Feb 8, 2012 Blog
Wednesday’s Daily Fantasy Sports Tournament Schedule:
Fanduel $2000 NBA Assist – 7:00 PM EST, $5 Entry, Top 50 Teams Paid
Fanduel $4000 NBA Rebound – 7:00 PM EST, $10 Entry, Top 53 Teams Paid
Fanduel $4000 NBA Slam – 7:00 PM EST, $25 Entry, Top 16 Teams Paid
Fanduel $5000 NBA Dunk – 7:00 PM EST, $100 Entry, Top 6 Teams Paid
Fanduel Two Player Head to Head Matches – 7:00 PM EST, $1 to $535 Entry
Wednesday’s NBA Schedule, Probable Starting Lineups, Lines, Injuries and Cash Game Tournament Picks
Milwaukee (-1.5) @ Toronto 185.5 Total
MIL: B. Jennings, S. Livingston, C. Delfino, LRMAM, D. Gooden
TOR: J. Calderon, J. Bayless, D. DeRozan, J. Johnson, (A. Johnson/A. Gray)
- Stephen Jackson finally saw some action Tuesday night, but I’d leave him benched for a couple games or at least until he gets back above a steady 25+ minutes per night. Sean Livingston and Mike Dunleavy lose some value with Jackson playing.
- Drew Gooden could be in store for a big game against Toronto’s weak interior. He’s been a bit inconsistent lately, but the potential for a big score is there and the price is right.
- Jerryd Bayless continues to start at SG and makes a solid daily play.
- Keep and eye on Linas Kleiza. He posted 30 points Monday night.
- Daily Fantasy Cash Game Sleeper Pick: Drew Gooden
San Antonio @ Philadelphia (-3.5) 181.5 Total
SAS: T. Parker, K. Leonard, R. Jefferson, T. Duncan, D. Blair
PHI: J. Holiday, J. Meeks, A. Iguodala, E. Brand, T. Battie
- Elton Brand is listed as probable and should play, but there’s no guarantee how effective he’s going to be with the thumb injury. Lavoy Allen moves back to the bench and Thaddeus Young also loses some minutes.
- Spencer Hawes is still dealing with his achilles injury and has been declard out for Wednesday. Tony Battie should get the start with Nikola Vucevic picking up minutes.
- Give Tim Duncan’s gametime status a quick check before using him. If there is a surprise scratch, grab Tiago Splitter in daily games.
- Daily Fantasy Cash Game Value Pick: Tim Duncan
New York @ Washington (-1) 195 Total
NYK: J. Lin, L. Fields, B. Walker, T. Chandler
WAS: J. Wall, N. Young, R. Lewis, T. Booker, J. McGee
- Carmelo Anthony is out for the next 1-2 weeks with a groin injury. Bill Walker might pick up the start at SF.
- Jeremy Lin is a must play in daily games as he will start at PG again for the Knicks.
- Amare Stoudemire is out for personal.
- Trevor Booker will continue to start at PF for the Wizards and makes a good roster filler at a cheap price, especially with Amare Stoudemire out.
- Rashard Lewis missed Monday’s game with a sore knee and is likely a gametime decision. Chris Singleton would likely get the start if Lewis can’t go.
- Daily Fantasy Cash Game Sleeper Pick: Jeremy Lin, Bill Walker
Miami (-3.5) @ Orlando 191.5 Total
MIA: M. Chalmers, D. Wade, L. James, C. Bosh, J. Anthony
ORL: J. Nelson, J. Richardson, H. Turkoglu, R. Anderson, D. Howard
- Jameer Nelson returned from a concussion and had a pretty good game in his first one back. Maybe he just needed some rest.
- Jason Richardson looks healthy. He’s keeping JJ Redick on the bench and off fantasy rosters right now.
- Dwight Howard has what should be a decent matchup against Joel Anthony. If the Magic are going to win this game, Howard is going to have to put up a big line.
- Daily Fantasy Cash Game Sleeper Pick: None
LA Clippers (-6.5) @ Cleveland 195.5 Total
LAC: C. Paul, R. Foye, C. Butler, B. Griffin, D. Jordan
CLE: K. Irving, A. Gee, O. Casspi, A. Jamison, A. Varejao
- Chauncey Billups is out for the year and tonight we find out who will take over the starting SG spot. I’m betting it’s Randy Foye with Mo Williams staying in his bench role to lead the second team offense.
- Antawn Jamison is on the second of a back to back and there is no way he’s going to slow Blake Griffin down.
- Anthony Parker is doubtful. Alonzo Gee should get the start again at SG for the Cavs.
- Daily Fantasy Cash Game Sleeper Pick: Randy Foye
Detroit @ New Jersey (-4) 186 Total
DET: B. Knight, R. Stuckey, T. Prince, G. Monroe, J. Maxiell
NJN: D. Williams, A. Morrow, S. Williams, K. Humphries, S. Williams
- Brandon Knight broke his nose in his last game and will be wearing a mask. It might be a good idea to avoid him this game and see how he handles things getting used to the mask.
- Ben Gordon is a gametime decision, but says he’ll play Wednesday. Avoid him for a game or two to see exactly how healthy he is.
- Will Bynum is probable and should play some minutes for the banged up Brandon Knight.
- Anthony Morrow will play tonight after missing a game to attend a funeral.
- Keith Bogans is listed as probable.
- Jason Maxiell has been starting at center and makes a nice daily play against the weak interior of the Nets. Same for Greg Monroe.
- Daily Fantasy Cash Game Value Pick: Anthony Morrow
Indiana @ Atlanta (-3) 186.5 Total
IND: D. Collison, P. George, D. Granger, D. West, R. Hibbert
ATL: J. Teague, J. Johnson, M. Williams, J. Smith, Z. Pachulia
- Roy Hibbert has the advantage in his matchup with Zaza Pachulia and should be a decent daily play.
- Paul George is the exact type of player that can shut Joe Johnson’s perimeter game down, so be careful playing Johnson tonight.
- Daily Fantasy Cash Game Value Pick: Roy Hibbert
Minnesota @ Memphis (-7.5) 187.5 Total
MIN: R. Rubio, L. Ridnour, W. Johnson, D. Williams, N. Pekovic
MEM: M. Conley, OJ Mayo, R. Gay, M. Speights, M. Gasol
- Tony Allen is a gametime decision.
- Kevin Love will serve the second game of his two game suspension tonight. Derrick Williams will get the start Wednesday.
- Michael Beasley has been the biggest beneficiary of Kevin Love’s suspension. The Wolves leaned on Beasley Tuesday night and he came through with 17 points and 14 rebounds. He’s a great play again tonight.
- Darko Milicic is questionable. Nikola Pekovic will get the start and is a must play. Check your waiver wire and grab him if he’s still out there.
- Daily Fantasy Cash Game Sleeper Pick: Nikola Pekovic
Chicago @ New Orleans
CHI: D. Rose, R. Brewer, L. Deng, C. Boozer, J. Noah
NOR: G. Vazquez, M. Belinelli, T. Ariza, G. Ayon, E. Okafor
- Derrick Rose is a gametime decision with back spasms. CJ Watson would get the start if Rose can’t go and makes a great daily fantasy play.
- Rip Hamilton is doubtful. Ronnie Brewer should pick up the start.
- Carl Landry and Jason Smith are both doubtful. Gustavo Ayon could get the start at PF, with Chris Kaman also seeing good minutes.
- Jarret Jack is a gametime decision. Greivis Vazquez will get the start if Jack can’t go and makes a great cheap daily play.
- Luol Deng could put up a nice line if Derrick Rose is out tonight.
- Daily Fantasy Cash Game Sleeper Pick: Greivis Vazquez, CJ Watson (if Rose is out)
Dallas @ Denver
DAL: R. Beaubois, V. Carter, S. Marion, D. Nowitzki, B. Haywood
DEN: T. Lawson, A. Afflalo, R. Fernandez, Nene, C. Anderson
- Jason Kidd is out. Roddy Beaubois will get the start at PG. He’s been too inconsistent to recommend.
- Arron Afflalo is expected to play.
- Danilo Gallinari is out for the next 3-4 weeks with an ankle injury. Julyan Stone will get the start, but Rudy Fernandez will get a majority of the minutes.
- Nene missed his last game with a heel injury, but he should play tonight
- Timofey Mozgov is out. Chris Anderson could get the start. Al Harrington should also see big minutes.
- Daily Fantasy Cash Game Value Pick: Ty Lawson
Houston @ Portland (-7.5) 197.5 Total
HOU: K. Lowry, K. Martin, C. Parsons, L. Scola, S. Dalembert
POR: (J. Crawford/R. Felton), W. Matthews, G. Wallace, L. Aldridge, M. Camby
- Raymond Felton is probable. Jamal Crawford got the start in the last game, but he’ll move back to his 6th man role tonight.
- Samuel Dalembert has been in a horrible slump and got benched during his last game. Avoid him.
- Nic Batum should again see big minutes if Raymond Felton limited.
- Marcus Camby is probable after missing practice Tuesday with an illness.
- Daily Fantasy Cash Game Value Pick: Kyle Lowry