Jan 25, 2012 Blog
Wednesday’s Daily Fantasy Basketball Tournament Schedule
All Tournaments and Head to Head Cash Games Start at 7:00 PM EST
Fanduel $2500 NBA Shot – $2 Entry, Top 123 Teams Paid
Fanduel $2000 NBA Assist – $5 Entry, Top 50 Teams Paid
Fanduel $5000 NBA Dunk – $100 Entry, Top 6 Teams Paid
Fanduel $5000 NBA Slam – $25 Entry, Top 24 Teams Paid
Fanduel $5000 NBA Rebound – $10 Entry, Top 59 Teams Paid
Fanduel $750 College Basketball Tourney – $10 Entry, Top 9 Teams Paid
Fanduel Two Player Head to Head Matches – $1 to $535 Entry Available
There are also some Friday freeroll tourneys that I’ll be posting on tomorrow, so check out how to enter those Thursday.
Wednesday’s NBA Schedule, Probable Starting Lineups, Lines, Injuries and Daily Cash Game Picks
New Jersey @ Philadelphia (11.5) 191.5 Total
NJN: D. Williams, A. Morrow, D. Stevenson, K. Humphries, M. Okur
PHI: J. Holiday, J. Meeks/E. Turner, A. Iguodala, E. Brand, T. Battie
- MarShon Brooks is a gametime decision with an achilles injury. The Nets started DeShawn Stevenson in place of Brooks in Monday’s game.
- Spencer Hawes is a gametime decision, but he’s probably out.
- Nikola Vucevic is a gametime decision.
- Elton Brand is really picking it up lately with the Sixers big men hurting. Look for Brand to have another good game against a weak New Jersey interior.
- Damion James is out for the year, which is good news for MarShon Brooks owners.
- Daily Fantasy Game Pick: Elton Brand $6900
Charlotte @ Washington (-7) 193 Total
CHA: K. Walker, G. Henderson, D. Brown, T. Thomas, B. Mullens
WAS: J. Wall, N. Young, R. Lewis, A. Blatche, J. McGee
- The Wizards fired Flip Saunders, so there could be some lineup changes and different distribution of minutes under a new coach. It might be best to give this team a game or two before giving them fantasy plays.
- DJ Augustin is out for at least three more games. Kemba Walker moved to PG, Gerald Henderson to SG and Derrick Brown got the start at SF.
- Derrick Brown got 13 shot attempts Tuesday and makes a solid fantasy play if he keeps that up.
- Rashard Lewis moved back into the starting lineup Monday and could stay there due to his experience, which might be appreciated a little more by a new coach.
- DJ White missed Tuesday’s a game and is listed as a gametime decision for Wednesday. He went through shootaround Tuesday, so I’d guess he’s close to returning.
- Daily Fantasy Game Pick: Kemba Walker $5500
New York (-3) @ Cleveland 196 Total
NYK: I. Shumpert, L. Fields, C. Anthony, A. Stoudemire, T. Chandler
CLE: K. Irving, A. Parker, O. Casspi, A. Jamison, A. Varejao
- Baron Davis could make an appearance today, but I wouldn’t count on getting too much out of him for the first couple of weeks of his return. He’s a great pickup in season long leagues if other owners forgot about him.
- Amare Stoudemire seems to be coming out of his slump and makes a great daily play with a very reasonable salary.
- Antawn Jamison and Anderson Varejao could both post subpar lines against Amare Stoudemire and Tyson Chandler.
- Carmelo Anthony’s wrist must really be bothering him. He went 0 for 7 last night with just a single point. You have to avoid him for a game or two until he gets back on track, especially given his high daily salary.
- Tristan Thompson missed last night’s game and remains a gametime decision for Wednesday.
- Daily Fantasy Game Pick: Amare Stoudemire $7500
Miami (-8) @ Detroit 187.5 Total
MIA: M. Chalmers, J. Jones, L. James, C. Bosh, J. Anthony
DET: B. Knight, R. Stuckey, T. Prince, J. Jerebko, G. Monroe
- Ben Gordon is out with a shoulder injury.
- Rodney Stuckey is now starting at SG with Ben Gordon out, but he’s been a bit limited with a groin injury. Probably best to avoid Stuckey for now, especially if Gordon returns.
- Brandon Knight has taken over the starting PG spot for the Pistons and he might not give the job up anytime soon.
- Dwyane Wade is a gametime decision.
- Charlie Villanueva is out.
- Will Bynum is out.
- Daily Fantasy Game Pick: Brandon Knight $5500
Indiana @ Chicago (8.5) 188.5 Total
CHI: D. Rose, R. Hamilton, R. Brewer, C. Boozer, J. Noah
IND: D. Collison, P. George, D. Granger, D. West, R. Hibbert
- Derrick Rose seems to be able to play with his foot injury, but I’m not sure he’s going to be worth the high salary right now.
- Luol Deng is out with a wrist injury. Ronnie Brewer will get the start at SF.
- Joakim Noah was able to play Monday and it looks like he could finally be getting back to last season’s fantasy form. Be patient with him.
- Darren Collison could have a bad line agains the defense of Derrick Rose.
- Danny Granger could put up a solid line against Ronnie Brewer.
- Taj Gibson is a gametime decision with an ankle sprain.
- Daily Fantasy Game Pick: Danny Granger $7100
Milwaukee @ Houston (-4) 191 Total
MIL: B. Jennings, S. Livingston, C. Delfino, LRMA Moute, A. Bogut
HOU: K. Lowry, K. Martin, C. Parsons, L. Scola, S. Dalembert
- Luis Scola has been a huge disappointment this season, but his daily salary has dropped so far that he’s becoming a decent value play.
- Stephen Jackson seems content with his bench role and it looks like Shaun Livingston will continue to start, although this could change on a dime, so be careful using Livingston.
- John Leuer has seen his fantasy run come to an end. Luc Richard Mbah a Moute got the start Monday and will probably keep the spot for awhile.
- Daily Fantasy Game Pick: Brandon Jennings $7300, Kyle Lowry $7600
New Orleans @ Oklahoma City (12.5) 187.5 Total
NOR: J. Jack, M. Belinelli, T. Ariza, C. Landry, E. Okafor
OKC: R. Westbrook, T. Sefolosha/J. Harden, K. Durant, S. Ibaka, K. Perkins
- I’ve been avoiding the Hornet big men since their minutes are just too hard to figure out. One day it’s Carl Landry, then next it’s Jason Smith. Same for Emeka Okafor and Chris Kaman at the center spot. Just avoid.
- Jarrett Jack has quietly been having a great season and deserves a look in daily cash games.
- Kendrick Perkins and Serge Ibaka have both been been fantasy disappointments for me this season. Both guys seem to be much better players in real life than they are in the fantasy world.
- How long until the ‘Free James Harden’ campaign starts?
- Daily Fantasy Game Pick: Jarrett Jack $6800
Minnesota @ Dallas (-6) 184 Total
MIN: R. Rubio, L. Ridnour, D. Williams, K. Love, D. Milicic
DAL: J. Kidd, D. West, S. Marion, L. Odom, B. Haywood
- Dirk Nowitzki is likely out for three more games. Lamar Odom should continue to pick up some starts and solid minutes. He’s a great daily cash game value play.
- Michael Beasley is out. Derrick Williams will continue to hold down the SF spot, although he hasn’t really shown as much as I expected.
- Kevin Love should post a monster line against Lamar Odom and Brendan Haywood.
- Vince Carter is out. Delonte West will continue to get good minutes at SG.
- Wes Johnson is a gametime decision with the flu.
- Daily Fantasy Game Pick: Lamar Odom $5700, Ricky Rubio $7000
Atlanta @ San Antonio (4.5) 189.5 Total
ATL: J. Teague, J. Johnson, M. Williams, J. Smith, Z. Pachulia
SAS: T. Parker, K. Leonard, R. Jefferson, T. Duncan, D. Blair
- Kawhi Leonard’s fantasy run may be coming to an end. He got the start Monday, but only played 7 minutes. Keep an eye on him tonight.
- Joe Johnson has been the biggest beneficiary of Al Horford’s injury. His scoring numbers have seen a pretty big jump.
- Kirk Hinrich could return tonight for the Hawks. If he does, it could mean less minutes for Jeff Teague.
- Daily Fantasy Game Pick: Josh Smith $7700
Toronto @ Utah (-10) 187.5 Total
TOR: J. Calderon, D. DeRozan, J. Johnson, A. Bargnani, (A. Johnson/A. Gray)
UTA: D. Harris, R. Bell, G. Hayward, P. Millsap, A. Jefferson
- James Johnson has been lighting it up lately and deserves a play in daily cash games.
- Devin Harris has been horrible and I’m not sure even a matchup against the weak defense Jose Calderon will help him.
- Andrea Bargnani returned last night and posted a monster line. He looks safe to plug back into yoru roster.
- Be careful with Amir Johnson, he got benched last night and only played 13 minutes. Avoid him tonight.
- Josh Howard is listed as probable for Wednesday.
- Daily Fantasy Game Pick: Al Jefferson $8100
Denver (-6) @ Sacramento 205 Total
DEN: T. Lawson, C. Brewer, D. Gallinari, T. Mozgov, Nene
SAC: T. Evans, J. Fredette, J. Salmons, (JJ Hickson/J. Thompson), D. Cousins
- Marcus Thornton is out for the next couple of weeks with a hematoma in his thigh. Jimmer Fredette will move into the starting lineup.
- Arron Afflalo is out Wednesday with a groin injury. Corey Brewer could get the start.
- Rudy Fernandez is out Wednesday with an achilles injury.
- Chuck Hayes returned to practice yesterday and could return this week. Check your wire just to make sure nobody left him out there.
- Daily Fantasy Game Pick: Danilo Gallinari $7100
LA Clippers @ LA Lakers (-3.5) 186.5 Total
LAC: C. Paul, C. Billups, C. Butler, B. Griffin, D. Jordan
LAL: D. Fisher, K. Bryant, M. Barnes, P. Gasol, A. Bynum
- Chris Paul is a gametime decision, but he was able to practice Tuesday. If this game were against anyone else, I’d say Paul probably wouldn’t play, but this is the Lakers and there’s probably a little extra incentive to give it a go.
- Pau Gasol’s shoulder may be limiting him a little more than he’s letting on. He’s been somewhat disappointing lately.
- Daily Fantasy Game Pick: Andrew Bynum $8000
Portland @ Golden State (3.5) 192 Total
POR: R. Felton, W. Matthews, G. Wallace, L. Aldridge, M. Camby
GSW: S. Curry, M. Ellis, D. Wright, D. Lee, A. Biedrins
- I’m going to give Stephen Curry a try in daily cash games tonight. His salary has just dropped too far, he’s great value.
- Marcus Camby played through a sore groin and picked up 22 rebounds last night. I’d say he’s probably safe to keep using.
- Nic Batum has been hovering around 20 minutes a night lately, and that’s just not enough to make him playable in daily cash games.
- Gerald Wallace aggravated his sprained finger last night. He’s already missed a game with the injury, so be safe and check his gametime status.
- Daily Fantasy Game Pick: Stephen Curry $7000